Seeing City fans in public

Served a family in Nandos tonight, they were visiting from Manchester (recognised the accent) asked him if he was City or United, he and all his sons are United fans, but his wife ( season ticket holder) and his daughter are City fans (Served them their food first, the daughter said "City first" made me laugh) . Talked to him and his wife for about 20 minutes after their meal about football, he was a genuinely nice bloke for a united fan, had a good understanding of the game too, probably cause he is a rare breed of Manc united fans. He did try and convince me that United fans outnumbered city fans 25 to 1 in Manchester, his wife was having none of that.

I think he meant it was odds of 25 to 1 to meet a Rag fan with an understanding of the game in Nandos on your shift !

Theres three of us on our site, went to order a brekkie Saturday morning at the canteen hatch and theres a bloke serving instead of the usual Aussie lad. First words out of his mouth after id ordered "Alright mate, blue or red?"..... "Blue mate, theres no other"...... "Ha ha, brilliant ,fucking blue boys all the way!", made my day.

mcfc1982 said:
went to York few months back saw a bloke wearing his, i was wearing mine he gave a nod a i said alright blue. wife was like what the fuck was that about. then had to explain that i didn't know him but as he was a blue he deserved acknowledgement.

...that finishing school was obviously a waste of money...

HankTheSucker said:
mcfc1982 said:
went to York few months back saw a bloke wearing his, i was wearing mine he gave a nod a i said alright blue. wife was like what the fuck was that about. then had to explain that i didn't know him but as he was a blue he deserved acknowledgement.

...that finishing school was obviously a waste of money...

Hahahahaha... thanks for that :)

Met a mancunian in south borneo 3 years ago. I asked him if he was a blue. Little disapointed to find out he's red scum and seemed not interested much talked about MU or football in general.

Balti said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Danamy said:
On holiday this year with my nipper walking down the road, he had his City shirt on and we spotted another Blue across the road. We actually crossed the road just to let on to him (the "alright Blue" line was used), weird how you react when you're along way from home and spot another Blue, no way i'd do that if i was in town.

It must be a family thing, letting on that your not alone and proud to show your colours.

Do others fans do this or are we a rare breed?

Nothing better on Holiday abroard than strolling round the resort and seeing a kid with his top on. I always go over and say "love your shirt mate" and then watch the Father beam with pride.

Me too but I do it in this country too.

Beep other Blues with the kit/ air freshener/ whatever in their car and give it the clenched fist salute and thumbs up though this seems to just cause confusion usually as they think they've upset someone lol!

ditto

Blueper said:
Met a mancunian in south borneo 3 years ago. I asked him if he was a blue. Little disapointed to find out he's red scum and seemed not interested much talked about MU or football in general.

Without wanting to be offensive to them (Ha) I have encountered a lot of these people. You engage them in conversation and it turns out they know fuck-all about their club and less still anyone else's. You can tell them a million things they didn't know, like Cantona has retired etc.

It's because so many of them are band-waggoners - they've heard the name Manchester United and think they'd better support them. Pray God it never happens to us! We want a more knowledgeable class of football tourist!!

saw an african guy selling watches in battery park in NY wearing a city top - bit bizarre

kp789 said:
Served a family in Nandos tonight, they were visiting from Manchester (recognised the accent) asked him if he was City or United, he and all his sons are United fans, but his wife ( season ticket holder) and his daughter are City fans (Served them their food first, the daughter said "City first" made me laugh) . Talked to him and his wife for about 20 minutes after their meal about football, he was a genuinely nice bloke for a united fan, had a good understanding of the game too, probably cause he is a rare breed of Manc united fans. He did try and convince me that United fans outnumbered city fans 25 to 1 in Manchester, his wife was having none of that.

You mentioned in the 1st post that you were in Worcester, so do you work in the Nando's next to the Vue? If so, do I get a discount if I wear my shirt? lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.