Seeing City fans in public

Have a home and away mini-kit on my back window and was driving down the m50 (motorway around dublin) a few months back and a car flew by me flashing, waving, beeping etc. Got a bit freaked out at the start, thought I might be in trouble but then I realised their reg was "m4n c1ty" or something similar. Made my day when I realised but didnt have time to give them a wave at the time so if that was you fair play. Also seen a fella in my local park jogging in a city shirt and although I was completly bo!!oxed I managed a smile and gave each other "the nod". Little things I know but really makes my day

Went to Hyde Park Calling a few years ago and wore a City baseball cap all weekend. Heard this cockney shout Hey City and thought he was going to have a go but he was just glad I wasn't a red. Kept happening all weekend, odd that they all shouted the same thing. Not sure they would be as friendly now.

Going to the offy after 5 a side last night wearing the navy blue away shirt from the Thomas Cook era. Passed a gang of lads And got a "top shirt that mate". Always good to know that blues are here there and everywhere.

MaineDAWG2008 said:
Dirty Harry said:
MaineDAWG2008 said:
saw a city fan at amsterdam airport with his away top on wednesday

was a sight to see a fellow city fan in my ends......

My lad was at Schiphol airport Wednesday morning, got me wondering if it was him now but didn't think he had the away shirt, rest assured though he WILL be wearing something City every day he's there.

He lives in amsterdam? This guy was def wearing away top.

Rare to see a city top around here as I said. Alot of moroccans/turks living near me n they tend to wear fake Barca tops with Affelay or Messi on it.

He still lives over here bud, he's just gone on one of 'those lads trips' to the Dam, would have landed at Schipol Wednesday morning, I'll ask him what he was wearing when he gets back.

We were walking around the Zoo in Seattle last Summer and my girlfriend was wearing her City shirt. I saw the Dad of this american family pointing at it and saying to his son - 'Now that's a proper football club'. Gave him the thumbs up. Found out later that there actually is a city supporters club in Seattle.

Danamy said:
On holiday this year with my nipper walking down the road, he had his City shirt on and we spotted another Blue across the road. We actually crossed the road just to let on to him (the "alright Blue" line was used), weird how you react when you're along way from home and spot another Blue, no way i'd do that if i was in town.

It must be a family thing, letting on that your not alone and proud to show your colours.

Do others fans do this or are we a rare breed?

Nothing better on Holiday abroard than strolling round the resort and seeing a kid with his top on. I always go over and say "love your shirt mate" and then watch the Father beam with pride.

Just back from seeing friends in Bexhill near Eastbourne, been many times.
Walking to our friends house through a park saw a bunch of lads playing football, 2 of them had the new City home tops on. As I was wearing my City cap I had to walk through the middle of the game and give them the nod, local lads as well, members of a nearby supporters club.
Also went in an old fashioned sweet shop whilst wearing a City training top, the old guy behind the counter turned out to be a big Brighton fan with a soft spot for City having worked in Manchester for 8 years some years ago and caught a few City matches, talked for a while during which he asked about buying tickets for a game, said he was going to register on line and become a member, not becuase of our new found brilliance but because he liked the way we play.
Finally, if you go to Eastbourne and like sea food, there is a fresh seasfood stall on the front where the owner is a City fan, half price for blues......

I work in a bar in my home of Mallorca and I have seen Man City football shirts many times and I try to be extra nice to the people as I love the club and the people are always very friendly.

TCIB said:
Haha good post, yeah i always give a nod if im somewhere you normally don't expect to see us.

Just last night some bloke honked his horn and pulled over, i thought he was gonna ask directions.
Turned out he was a random blue and we ended up chatting for half an hour, going for a beer with the lad tomorrow, top bloke.

The start of something beautiful ? knowing my luck ill end up raped.

Edit: New business banker is a blue also, don't mind chatting to her.

i think your hopeing that one will end up in rape too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.