Seeing games out

In a season where we lost Gundo and Mahrez and with some of the really key injuries we have had I am not surprised we are a bit stale, but I have faith it will come good and am not entitled enough to think it has to be every year we win it.
Injuries don't make you stale. Players should use the chance of playing to bring themselves into contention when the injured players return, unfortunately thats not happening

Injuries don't make you stale. Players should use the chance of playing to bring themselves into contention when the injured players return, unfortunately thats not happening

We wont always fire on all cylinders, we go through bad patches and this is just what it is. if we don't win the league this season again it's not the end of the world.

IMHO we had a bad transfer summer and I trust the club to sort it out come next summer.

opposition

Assuming you meant 'the opposition' that's my point. We stop playing with purpose and intensity at 1 or 2 up to conserve energy because we have a tiny squad, the opposition throw on 4 or 5 fresh players and have a right go at us during the last 10 mins and the "Play until City concede" League allocated injury time while we look dead on our feet and can't get up the pitch.

Every team plays us like Ali vs Foreman at the moment.

I think we need another forward come Jan, i really do. City imo have slightly changed their game to adapt to playing with Erling Halland's, play it up to him and he'll score, great, but with no Haaland it's like.... what do we do.... pass it back again ffs, Yes, we have shots and chances and I don't like to mention names but some of these players need to be more attacking, have a go ffs. Before Haaland come we scored bags of goals, less passing and be a little more direct, kill them off.

It will probably change when KDB is back, he's that good, but i just hope these injuries haven't taken their toll on him, it reminds me of Colin Bell, got injured against United, he tried big style but was never the same again really.

No, last year we only had a laughably brittle Arsenal to worry about and everybody else was shite, who's scoring all those crucial match winning goals Ilkay and Riyad scored last season?
I can't quite remember Mahrez's crucial goals from last season, but although Gundogan did score some crucial goals at the end of the season, he did only score 8 goals all season.

I don't think it's Gundogans goals we are missing, but more his experience in helping control a game.

I've said a few times, we are a fairly young squad, and although they've a few trophies and medals in the cabinet, we do seem to be lacking a bit of nous in terms of seeing a game out.

Assuming you meant 'the opposition' that's my point. We stop playing with purpose and intensity at 1 or 2 up to conserve energy because we have a tiny squad, the opposition throw on 4 or 5 fresh players and have a right go at us during the last 10 mins and the "Play until City concede" League allocated injury time while we look dead on our feet and can't get up the pitch.

Every team plays us like Ali vs Foreman at the moment.

very true P

I can't quite remember Mahrez's crucial goals from last season, but although Gundogan did score some crucial goals at the end of the season, he did only score 8 goals all season.

I don't think it's Gundogans goals we are missing, but more his experience in helping control a game.

I've said a few times, we are a fairly young squad, and although they've a few trophies and medals in the cabinet, we do seem to be lacking a bit of nous in terms of seeing a game out.
Yesterday was the worst example of game management, at home 80% possession 2 nil up 14.minutes to go cruising , very poor indeed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.