Seeing games out

You do know the rags will beat the bin dippers today? Even if the scousers win they will only be 6 points clear.

We have been in worse situations than this and turned it around, I am a pragmatist who doesn't care if we win the big one every season as long as we compete and try to win something mate.
I agree mate, I think it’s just frustration coming out we can all see things need changing though as it’s not working, Pep is a genius but stubborn

City and Pep need to employ a hood ball coach.

Yesterday was criminal. Seconds left, numerous chances to hoof the ball away or out of play, and the players start trying play the ball out of the box leading to the Palace penalty.

Do Pep and the players ever think to just hoof the ball as far as they can, sending the play down the other end of the pitch, and in doing so wasting time? Or are they only trained to play out of the back, regardless of the time remaining?

City and Pep need to employ a hood ball coach.

Yesterday was criminal. Seconds left, numerous chances to hoof the ball away or out of play, and the players start trying play the ball out of the box leading to the Palace penalty.

Do Pep and the players ever think to just hoof the ball as far as they can, sending the play down the other end of the pitch, and in doing so wasting time? Or are they only trained to play out of the back, regardless of the time remaining?
Exactly, any port in a storm…3 points vital to start picking up momentum and we start fannying around in our half, inviting trouble…and we got it.

It is incredible that City dominate games for 90 minutes but concede in stoppage time at home time after time. Yesterday was a classic example. Palace had their first attack (and scored!) in the 75th minute but City looked very comfortable after that ... until the 93rd minute, when a long ball had our lads scampering back. The cross was dealt with but we lost the ball out wide, Kyle Walker half won the ball but then he and Phil Foden hesitated, expected the other to clear the ball and then Phil took a hacking swipe at the ball and conceded the penalty. So JRB and Icried may have a point when they ask for a less subtle approach late on. But I want to know why we seem to get edgy late on when the ball goes long into our area and why we don't simply play the football we played last year and seem able to play for the first 90 minutes.

Take another 10 goals and multiple assists out for KDB missing as well.

My take on it is every club except City now fully utilise the 5 available subs to their advantage.

The last 10 minutes yesterday were embarrassing. We were so leggy and lethargic compared to a physically strong and athletic Palace with their 5 subs on.

We used to cruise at the end of games as the opposition were blowing out their arses. Now it’s us with no subs on in the 90 Mins.

Yesterday was an exception but most of the season we haven't even had fit players on the bench to give people a rest.

Think about that, we don't have the squad to substitute a tired player. A few months after winning the treble and posting record revenues. Who's fault is that?

With two minutes to go, just boot the ball into their half and MAKE SURE it stays there.

It's not rocket science ffs!

Ederson needs to do some serious penalty saving practice, I appreciate saving one is not easy, but he needs to work on this.
Going the right way would be a start

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.