Seeing games out

Yesterday was the worst example of game management, at home 80% possession 2 nil up 14.minutes to go cruising , very poor indeed
Absolutely criminal.

You can accept Liverpool as they are always going to get a chance and Spurs were the better side second half, even Chelsea was a mad game that we just had zero control in.

Yesterday was a fucking joke. Palace looked happy with a 2-0 defeat as the keeper was still wasting time at 70 mins!

One punt upfield to no one and its game on. Absolutely pathetic defending.

Absolutely criminal.

You can accept Liverpool as they are always going to get a chance and Spurs were the better side second half, even Chelsea was a mad game that we just had zero control in.

Yesterday was a fucking joke. Palace looked happy with a 2-0 defeat as the keeper was still wasting time at 70 mins!

One punt upfield to no one and its game on. Absolutely pathetic defending.
Walker should be forbidden from venturing past the halfway line that's not the first time recently we've been caught out with him 2/3rds of the way up the pitch

Can't remember the points or how the table looked, but I feel we were pretty poor the first half of last season as well, just got some results because Haaland was on fire. Everything changed when the PL charged us and they suddenly got a them and us attitude and started rubbing teams' faces in it.

I'm hoping the return of KdB has a similar impact this season, unless the PL decide to make up some new charges...

As has been said, not having Mahrez, Gundo or KDB (and I’d say Palmer too) and the fact that Phillips, Kovacic, Nunes are not good enough or are not trusted by Pep is one major reason for our current issues.
Doku is clearly much better on the left than the right (Pep thinks so anyway) so we now have two players for that position and so we have not replaced Mahrez or Palmer. We have Silva or Foden who can play on the right which means one of them is not available in the middle.
Consequently central midfield is not packed with quality options after the automatic pick of Rodri. Kovacic has been pretty bad in my opinion, Nunes isn’t solid enough or disciplined enough. Foden is exceptional except that he loses the ball too much in midfield (like the other two do as well) and isn’t strong enough so bigger players bounce him off balance.
Alvarez is a great player but this system and opposition who park the bus doesn’t suit his style of play.
The managers game management wasn’t up to it against Palace. He didn’t trust the bench and made the sub too late. He really should have had a plan to control
Possession after going up 2 nil and should have strengthened midfield with JS earlier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.