Semi finals (City v Real and A Madrid v Bayern)

Probably looks after himself better than any other footballer in the world, he's 31 and physically I don't theres any footballer more in shape.

It is strange though considering he is always pictured with women and lives a playboy lifestyle. Not exactly the most clean living lifestyle.

You would've thought as he gets older his bones/muscles would get weaker meaning more injuries. And doesn't he have a chronic ankle/knee problems that only seem to get mentioned when he's playing shite!?

Much rather have Clichy there than Kolarov, hope he can still do a job against Ronaldo and keep him in his pocket as you remember.

Not just for defending but Clichy will give us a great option going forward as Bale and especially Ronaldo don't put in a shift going backwards so the whole of their wings will be one-vs-one and perfect for the overlapping pacy Clichy.

Pellegrini will know their weaknesses too having worked there so we will be fine, I think. I'm confident =)

Not just for defending but Clichy will give us a great option going forward as Bale and especially Ronaldo don't put in a shift going backwards so the whole of their wings will be one-vs-one and perfect for the overlapping pacy Clichy.

Pellegrini will know their weaknesses too having worked there so we will be fine, I think. I'm confident =)

I'll have a pint of whatever you're on!! You sound a bit more confident than me :)

If I remember correctly Clichy use to have Tranny in his back pocket in his Arsenal days in the same way Ashley Cole did.

Of course that could just be me trying to give myself confidence for this game.

Ronaldo's played against Clichy when he was at Arsenal 5 times, 2 Goals (1 was a penalty), United Won 2, Arsenal Won 2 and 1 draw. I also recall Clichy playing really well against him.

Clichy also played against him in Real's 3-2 win against us back in 2012/13, Ronaldo scored but played on the left away from Clichy if I recall correctly.

So I wouldn't say your confidence is misplaced.

Last edited:
It is strange though considering he is always pictured with women and lives a playboy lifestyle. Not exactly the most clean living lifestyle.

You would've thought as he gets older his bones/muscles would get weaker meaning more injuries. And doesn't he have a chronic ankle/knee problems that only seem to get mentioned when he's playing shite!?

As much as we don't like him on the pitch, he's actually a pretty decent guy off it. I think the women is the only part of that 'playboy lifestyle' that he lives. I seem to recall he doesn't drink because his dad was an alcoholic, he doesn't smoke and he doesn't have tattoos so he can continue to donate blood. Apparently works harder than everyone in training as well.

When you step back and look at it, he seems to be the ultimate professional, so the low injury count doesn't surprise me. I'm sure, as always, age will catch up on him but it doesn't look like it'll be anytime soon, so lets hope this injury means he's out for a few weeks.

Ha, ha. Thanks, but we'd much rather be like Milano and have two winning clubs rather than play "the rags" (United) in the final.

We call them "the rags" because in the 1930s they were destitute and their kit was falling apart. Before the Second World War City were very much the bigger club. At that time we were probably the second best supported team in the country behind Arsenal who were dominating. United's attendances were very low: one year they were the worst supported team in the top division.United were however successful in the late 1940s and 1950s and they shared our stadium immediately after the war because their's had been bombed. That worked out well for them as they attracted some support off us. It is alleged that they still owe us rent for that period but I don't know if that's true or not! Of much, much greater significance though was the Munchen 1958 Air Disaster. Unlike Torino in the 1940s, who have never really recovered, United's disaster made them enormously popular nationally. Thus they became the biggest club in England but are still the second club locally. They get 70,000+ league attendances with maybe 30,000 being from the local area. We get 50,000+ league attendances with maybe 40,000 from the local area. Nationally we probably rank 5th.United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea would all be seen as bigger than us although we currently have a larger stadium and therefore get bigger attendances than Liverpool and Chelsea.

Many thanks for this, it's great to learn about your club. From Britain I liked Liverpool when I was a teenager because they were the big one and I liked Keegan, Souness, McDermott, Dalglish, etc, but actually I never cared much and they even beat us in a very sad final when I was a kid... About United my father told me of the plane disaster, and apparently Real Madrid did a lot to help them, even offering Di Stefano on loan one year, who was the best player of the world by then. This article is very interesting if you can translate it.

http://www.lagalerna.com/r-madrid-y-manu/

Not at all. On the opposite, he is pictured with a very strict and healthy lifestyle. Everybody knows when the players party and go out to the discos by night, etc, but Cristiano is the opposite, he is a role model in that sense, apparently. Too obsessed with being the number one of history (he thinks so...).

The one who is a womanizer is Ramos, who has "dated" all the Spanish top models, TV presentators and all the most beautiful celebrities everybody wants. His current partner and mother of his two children is the most desired woman in Spain for many years as the votings say, a TV presentator... (He is just a f*cker))). That's her https://goo.gl/y0Qx1R.

Cristiano is now suspected to be gay and have a relationship with a boxer from Morocco, and apparently he is flying over there all the time. But in this ultra-modern Spain, being gay is top cool, so nobody says anything and, if any, that it's great that he's gay and nothing happens, meaning tolerance and modern society. I think we were the first country in Europe to legalize gay marriage. Or one of the first.

Cheers.

Is there a specific thread for the game vs R Madrid? (I'm trying to find my way around.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.