Semi finals (City v Real and A Madrid v Bayern)

I beg to differ you make the challenge. Anyway, good win at Chelsea, so let's not worry

Exactly. We have to grit our teeth and have a go. I think they are heavily reliant on the Ladyboy but the problem will be keeping her quiet. We may need to do a "job" in the home "leg". We have a good outside chance of reaching the final imo.

Broken vagina in the first leg

Hi, citizens.

Today I was listening to the daily radio football debate program and there is real fear after your 0-3 in Stamford Bridge, which I also watched and certainly you looked good, although counterattack is the inferior's resource.

Some guys say you're going to win the title. So, fear and respect here in people who know more and not so much from the average Joe.

Anyway, I always wanted to know what percentage of mancunians are for City and what for United more or less. For instance, here in Madrid. I'd say one out of four or five friends is for Atleti and the other for Madrid. We call them "el Atleti" and "el Madrid", only women and foreigners say "el Real".

And, by the way, we have never called "El Clásico"' to any matches. We have always said "el Madrid-Barcelona" and "el Madrid-Atleti". The "El Clásico" thing we hate it, it's something new created by the foreigners, probably the Americans or Britons.

In any case, our archrival has always been Atleti, Barcelona was irrelevant and ignored until the 90s. And we never call them Barsa or Barça, that's their ugly nick, we call them el Barcelona. That simple.

Cheers.

Some hopeful news. Bale out of Villarreal match and is a doubt for next weeks game.

Hi, citizens.

Today I was listening to the daily radio football debate program and there is real fear after your 0-3 in Stamford Bridge, which I also watched and certainly you looked good, although counterattack is the inferior's resource.

Some guys say you're going to win the title. So, fear and respect here in people who know more and not so much from the average Joe.

Anyway, I always wanted to know what percentage of mancunians are for City and what for United more or less. For instance, here in Madrid. I'd say one out of four or five friends is for Atleti and the other for Madrid. We call them "el Atleti" and "el Madrid", only women and foreigners say "el Real".

And, by the way, we have never called "El Clásico"' to any matches. We have always said "el Madrid-Barcelona" and "el Madrid-Atleti". The "El Clásico" thing we hate it, it's something new created by the foreigners, probably the Americans or Britons.

In any case, our archrival has always been Atleti, Barcelona was irrelevant and ignored until the 90s. And we never call them Barsa or Barça, that's their ugly nick, we call them el Barcelona. That simple.

Cheers.
Regarding the City/United divide, it's hard to put numbers on it. Much easier to distinguish between your "el Atleti" and "el Madrid" - here we call City fans "el Mancunian" and United fans "el ****".

Regarding the City/United divide, it's hard to put numbers on it. Much easier to distinguish between your "el Atleti" and "el Madrid" - here we call City fans "el Mancunian" and United fans "el ****".

But are you 50%-50% more or less in Manchester? We are like 75-25% I'd say. I only met one mancunian in my life and she was a City fan.

By the way, in Spanish we say mancuniano for mancunian, must be a common latín word. Was Manchester founded or conquered by the Romans too?

With Bale currently injured & Ronaldo limping off last night with a hamstring strain things may be falling nicely into place for Tuesday's game.

But are you 50%-50% more or less in Manchester? We are like 75-25% I'd say. I only met one mancunian in my life and she was a City fan.

By the way, in Spanish we say mancuniano for mancunian, must be a common latín word. Was Manchester founded or conquered by the Romans too?

No easy answer mate. In terms of match going support it's probably 4 City to 3 United in both the City of Manchester and the wider Greater Manchester urban area. United actually play in Trafford and not the City of Manchester. In terms of guys who watch in the pub and profess to support a team but don't actually go it's probably 2 United to 1 City across the wider area. City's support tends to be on the eastern side of the metropolis (especially the city itself, Stockport and Tameside) and United's on the west. While City do have more actual match going local support than United the majority (as in all big cities) don't really support anybody but will side with whoever is more successful. We went 35 years, 1976-2011, without a trophy so United attracted the glory hunters. 60%+ of United's actual match day support comes from outside of Greater Manchester. They are in many ways similar to Juventus in terms of having national support. We are much more local in terms of real match day support. Local United "fans" who don't attend games will tell you that they can't get tickets. It's a lie. Season tickets are easily obtainable at Old Trafford these days. Maybe 15 years ago it was true that tickets were scarce but not now and local support hasn't increased.

Manchester was founded by the Romans and yes, it's a word derived from the original latin.

Last edited:
No easy answer mate. In terms of match going support it's probably 4 City to 3 United in both the City of Manchester and the wider Greater Manchester urban area. United actually play in Trafford and not the City of Manchester. In terms of guys who watch in the pub and profess to support a team but don't actually go it's probably 2 United to 1 City across the wider area. City's support tends to be on the eastern side of the metropolis (especially the city itself, Stockport and Tameside) and United's on the west. While City do have more actual match going local support than United the majority (as in all big cities) don't really support anybody but will side with whoever is more successful. We went 35 years, 1976-2011, without a trophy so United attracted the glory hunters. 60%+ of United's actual match day support comes from outside of Greater Manchester. They are in many ways similar to Juventus in terms of having national support. We are much more local in terms of real match day support. Local United "fans" who don't attend games will tell you that they can't get tickets. It's a lie. Season tickets are easily obtainable at Old Trafford these days. Maybe 15 years ago it was true that tickets were scarce but not now and local support hasn't increased.

Manchester was founded by the Romans and yes, it's a word derived from the original latin.
Thank you very much. I would have never guessed that there are more City than United fans.

Now you can still be second to us to have two teams from the city in the final. Maybe next year. You should do it before London or Milano do.

Cheers, thanks.

Thank you very much. I would have never guessed that there are more City than United fans.

Now you can still be second to us to have two teams from the city in the final. Maybe next year. You should do it before London or Milano do.

Cheers, thanks.

Ha, ha. Thanks, but we'd much rather be like Milano and have two winning clubs rather than play "the rags" (United) in the final.

We call them "the rags" because in the 1930s they were destitute and their kit was falling apart. Before the Second World War City were very much the bigger club. At that time we were probably the second best supported team in the country behind Arsenal who were dominating. United's attendances were very low: one year they were the worst supported team in the top division.United were however successful in the late 1940s and 1950s and they shared our stadium immediately after the war because their's had been bombed. That worked out well for them as they attracted some support off us. It is alleged that they still owe us rent for that period but I don't know if that's true or not! Of much, much greater significance though was the Munchen 1958 Air Disaster. Unlike Torino in the 1940s, who have never really recovered, United's disaster made them enormously popular nationally. Thus they became the biggest club in England but are still the second club locally. They get 70,000+ league attendances with maybe 30,000 being from the local area. We get 50,000+ league attendances with maybe 40,000 from the local area. Nationally we probably rank 5th.United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea would all be seen as bigger than us although we currently have a larger stadium and therefore get bigger attendances than Liverpool and Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.