Sergej Milinković-Savić

Various outlets reporting Lazio are demanding 100m Euros for him.

No wonder we balked.
Why shouldn't they??
I mean he has hype behind him already and with all crazy money being thrown around,why wouldn't an Italian club try to cash in?

Nah sorry the best part of £90m is a joke for a player with one breakthrough season at Lazio. Pogba you could sort of understand because of his profile in the media but that deal has proven to be over valued itself. The thing is someone will probably pay it so you can't blame them for trying because players are only worth what someone is willing to pay... but who's more to blame for the market prices being so crazy? The seller or the buyer? People keep blaming the buyer but I'm not so sure, I think the seller is at the very least equally culpable if not more to blame. Glad we walked away but we'll probably still get mentioned/blamed as United continue to add to this problem by paying what they ask, just as they did with Pogba.

Last edited:
Why shouldn't they??
I mean he has hype behind him already and with all crazy money being thrown around,why wouldn't an Italian club try to cash in?

I'm not saying he's not that good, but given it hasn't been for that long and the price is outside of how we look to spend our transfer kitty as well as maintain our financial structure/profit levels (especially with FFP2 possibly coming soon).

City seem to prefer to find "good deals" now to fill the squad rather than blow huge amounts on one player, unless there are particular circumstances.

We will spend more for first teamers than most clubs, but we don't want to be perceived the way United are now, and I think it helps us in the transfer market. We had the opposite reputation in the past, which we have since looked to change. We now won't pay the most bloated fees unless the player is "can't miss" and, due to what is arguably equally important, when the market rules out other options at the position to fill need (hence affecting fees).

We are however willing to pay more for players at certain positions (defence/goalkeeper, in particular) because there is a limited number of players who can play in Pep's system at this level. Hence De Ligt possible fee, Mendy and Laporte's fee. The fees for Walker and Stones have to be combining those factors with homegrown status, inflating them arguably even further. Of course PL clubs automatically pay more as well hence the larger fees across the league compared to most clubs in other top leagues.

In this case, there are other CM's who we have been interested in, as well as available, and clearly Jorginho has what Pep is looking for whilst costing possibly half a Savic. We would come close to breaking the bank if Mbappe was available, but that's partially due to the market for such a player, as well as potential growth, given his young age.

I'm not saying he's not that good, but given it hasn't been for that long and the price is outside of how we look to spend our transfer kitty as well as maintain our financial structure/profit levels (especially with FFP2 possibly coming soon).

City seem to prefer to find "good deals" now to fill the squad rather than blow huge amounts on one player, unless there are particular circumstances.

We will spend more for first teamers than most clubs, but we don't want to be perceived the way United are now, and I think it helps us in the transfer market. We had the opposite reputation in the past, which we have since looked to change. We now won't pay the most bloated fees unless the player is "can't miss" and, due to what is arguably equally important, when the market rules out other options at the position to fill need (hence affecting fees).

We are however willing to pay more for players at certain positions (defence/goalkeeper, in particular) because there is a limited number of players who can play in Pep's system at this level. Hence De Ligt possible fee, Mendy and Laporte's fee. The fees for Walker and Stones have to be combining those factors with homegrown status, inflating them arguably even further. Of course PL clubs automatically pay more as well hence the larger fees across the league compared to most clubs in other top leagues.

In this case, there are other CM's who we have been interested in, as well as available, and clearly Jorginho has what Pep is looking for whilst costing possibly half a Savic. We would come close to breaking the bank if Mbappe was available, but that's partially due to the market for such a player, as well as potential growth, given his young age.
I have an unpleasant feeling any midfielder we go for will end up costing much more than "half a savic" and by delaying / bargaining for Jorginho we may end up with the same painful experience we had with last minute fee escalations for Mendy / Walker last year.

I have an unpleasant feeling any midfielder we go for will end up costing much more than "half a savic" and by delaying / bargaining for Jorginho we may end up with the same painful experience we had with last minute fee escalations for Mendy / Walker last year.

Delaying ?

Wtf ?

Isn't City/Jorginho one of the earliest, most advanced, major transfers in the whole of europe so far ?

If we are 'delaying' what's every other **** in europe doing ?

Totally agree... our transfer policy has been terrible these past few years. Imagine how good we could have been if we had not ended up with the squad we have right now!

Totally agree... our transfer policy has been terrible these past few years. Imagine how good we could have been if we had not ended up with the squad we have right now!
WTF we have just smashed the hardest league in the world at a canter with a truly great team . Who are we supposed to have missed out on who is a all round team player and. Not a ego filled individual.

WTF we have just smashed the hardest league in the world at a canter with a truly great team . Who are we supposed to have missed out on who is a all round team player and. Not a ego filled individual.

Clarkie?

1364926607_catching_bass_with_hand.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.