Sergio Agüero comes out of retirement!

Apparently he’s been declared fit to play despite his heart condition and is going to play for Barcelona de Guayaquil.

Despite seeming like a cheap knockoff Barcelona they are actually Ecuador’s best club and often contenders in the Libertadores.

Fuck get in Sergio

Only If you are taking our history starting in 1968 possibly.
I'll go for 1887 and still pick Kun Kun as one of the greatest ever along with Yaya, Silva, the Honey Monster Dunne, Lake, Tevez, De Bruyne, Hinch, Distin, Bernardo, Sterling, Walker...

I'll go for 1887 and still pick Kun Kun as one of the greatest ever along with Yaya, Silva, the Honey Monster Dunne, Lake, Tevez, De Bruyne, Hinch, Distin, Bernardo, Sterling, Walker...
The list is long, but we only have 4 stands which is why I’ve. Ever liked the idea of naming stands after players.

Only If you are taking our history starting in 1968 possibly.
68-70 and 2010- are consistently the richest parts of our history. Sporadic success only prior to that.
The players I've mentioned all had a shout to be truly world leaders in their position.
Not sure such as Peter Doherty was regarded that highly but global comparisons were not as easy to make back then.
Do you want to make a case for someone I've omitted?

68-70 and 2010- are consistently the richest parts of our history. Sporadic success only prior to that.
The players I've mentioned all had a shout to be truly world leaders in their position.
Not sure such as Peter Doherty was regarded that highly but global comparisons were not as easy to make back then.
Bert Trautman always gets a mention from many, I’m sure others would have their suggestions from periods other than the two you mention. Whatevever though as we have ony 3 stands available I’m sure if we started naming them all after players it would cause more controvery than it’s worth. Then what happens in a few years if say Haaland breaks all the records and score a c/l final winning hat hat trick ,do we start changing stand names ?
At least with statues we can put them all around the ground.
1674919704995.jpeg

From what I learned from my Grandad and dad Peter Doherty is the best player we've ever had and they,between them,saw the whole spectrum of greats.

Bert Trautman always gets a mention from many, I’m sure others would have their suggestions from periods other than the two you mention. Whatevever though as we have ony 3 stands available I’m sure if we started naming them all after players it would cause more controvery than it’s worth. Then what happens in a few years if say Haaland breaks all the records and score a c/l final winning hat hat trick ,do we start changing stand names ?
View attachment 67273
Qin Shi Huang Di’s Barmy Army

View attachment 67273
Trautman has the legend of playing on with a broken neck. Aguero will always go down in history as scoring *that* goal, and with the health troubles he’s had gives him another argument for a stand

I’d wait a while until he’s definitely completely retired/ out of the game though, at least. Potentially he could go into coaching etc so he’s got many years to go.

Good luck at Guayaquil, Kun. Pick up a trophy on another continent, and then if your health is good enough come and have one last spell in Europe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.