Sergio Agüero | Manchester City's All Time Top Goalscorer

And lots on here thought he was finished at City, the guy hasn't even started a pure Blue Legend forever.

At Bournemouth, Sergio went from legend to immortal. Pep is known for improving players in their thirties. Sergio is still in his twenties and Pep has done more to improve him than any previous manager and Roberto and Manuel are class coaches. Scary thought for other teams - Sergio improving.
How much do you think this is down to Pep and how much down to Sergio himself?

Not sure if Kun was initially that enamoured about forming a partnership with Gabriel and saw him as a potential threat?
Looks like he has fully bought into it though and rather than see him as competition, sees him as the partner that improves both of them individually and us as a team?

Pep on Sergio: "Hopefully that [top scorer record] will happen very soon, and hopefully we can have a big celebration."

Pep on Sergio: "He's a legend and is a part of history in the club."

Good question. I think Roberto and Manuel worked on the basis that Sergio's the best finisher anywhere - so give him the bullets and he'll fire 'em - anything else is a bonus. However, I reckon Pep's told him 'there's more to you than goals.' Sergio's always done more than just score, but I think Pep's developed that. At the very least, Pep seems to have him far more involved in general play. Sergio has no ego.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.