Sergio Agüero | Manchester City's All Time Top Goalscorer

Consuming intoxicants is forbidden in the Quran.

So is eating pork.

I see the Etihad serves both booze and pork,

He's also the the deputy prime minister of a country where being gay is punishable by death, yet the club still supports the canal st. Blues last I heard.

so I find the idea that we're not going to have a statue because of Mansours religious beliefs pretty unlikely, it's not had an effect on the club to date.
Your post stated that serving (and presumably selling) alcohol is contrary to Islam. By any reasoned interpretation of the Koran, it is not. Nor is its use for medicinal purposes. Consumption is, but that isn't the point you were attempting to advance.

The same goes for pork. There is nothing inherently bad about the pig or pork from an Islamic perspective, save for eating the animal's meat. It is one reason why President Trumps suggestion to revive General Pershing's apocryphal tactic of shooting Muslims with bullets that had been dipped in pig fat was so preposterous. Plenty of Muslims work in restaurants that serve pork products, such as McDonald's, for example.

The LGBT point you make is a slightly more nuanced issue. Such an association was already in situ when the takeover happened and ending it would doubtless create bad publicit. It's as fairly nebulous, ethereal association and as such the ownership can keep a strategic distance from it as they feel comfortable with. A scheme initiated by management that gives them a sufficient layer of plausible deniability should they choose to exercise it, give how that association would play out in certain quarters in the ME.

A statue of a sentient being would provide no such cover. It would be a positive act and a move that would be closely and directly associated with our owners. I do not believe they would view that as a risk worth taking. How the club is perceived in the Middle East and the Muslim world is hugely important to our owners and as statue of a living human would have the potential to tarnish that and give the impression of a sell out.

So, I've said, I expect there will be other means and ways for the club to provide a lasting tribute to Sergio and David, but I don't believe a statue would be how that would manifests itself.

Time will tell on this point, but I believe those asking for a statue are wasting their time. If I'm wrong, I'll happily hold my hands up.

Im a little puzzled as to why one or two still seem to think his days might be numbered? He seems happy and in great form right now - and turns 30 at the end of this season. Why not another 3 or 4 years, to keep the rags running scared? The man is well on the way to immortality (kudos, previous poster) and a great role model for our youth squads.

Im a little puzzled as to why one or two still seem to think his days might be numbered? He seems happy and in great form right now - and turns 30 at the end of this season. Why not another 3 or 4 years, to keep the rags running scared? The man is well on the way to immortality (kudos, previous poster) and a great role model for our youth squads.

I have been assuming he's off because he himself has said he planned on leaving at the end of his contract, as he wants to play in Argentina before he is 'past it'.

So far, he's been straight with everything he's said, ie 'no interest in signing for Real Madrid' etc, so I imagine that has been his plan. He could change his mind of course, but no guarantee he will.

Last month he was missing big chances and now he’s converting not even half, but quarter chances. I guess it evens out in the end! Hopefully he keeps up with this form!

I think his contract goes to 2019 or 20 if the extension was true,i hope he stays till the end as he has a lot more to offer before going home to argentina

Because theyre fucking clueless

I'll be in Manchester for Crystal Palace and Shakhtar games, he better break the record in one of these games!

When did Kernaghan become a striker. He was at the back in front of that legendary lynchpin Alfons Groenendijk

I'm 99% sure that a 19 year old Kernaghan played up top for Middlesbrough in my first City game in March 1985.

Though pretty sure the only City based evidence of his centre forward heritage was his 30 yard run and 35 yard chip v Leicester in the cup.

DE4e02pXUAA8Hog.jpg
well if Nicolás Hernán Otamendi has a statue then Sergio Leonel "Kun" Agüero deserves one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.