Sergio Aguero 2015/16 performances

He's cutting a lonesome figure at the moment, but when you play one upfront it happens.

I watched Bayern last night and it was the same with Lewandowski, it's the midfield's job to create chances, and we didn't really do it against Real.

He's cutting a lonesome figure at the moment, but when you play one upfront it happens.

I watched Bayern last night and it was the same with Lewandowski, it's the midfield's job to create chances, and we didn't really do it against Real.

One lonesome dove up front surrounded by three or four assassini has to be some kind of mix between Houdini and the real Jesus!

We need trojans in the middle and release another to keep him company.

I was just looking at contenders for Player of the Season by going through the stats.

The outstanding performer this season are I think:

Joe Hart and Sergio Aguero. Aguero has 23 Premiership goals from 28 starts. That is an amazing return and blows Vardy and Kane out of the water.

He is the best striker in the Premiership by far. In Europe there's Lewandowski, Messi and Ronaldo, but imagine what he would do with a full season and with a fit Silva and De Bruyne behind him. If Aguero, Silva and De Bruyne had been fit, I think we would have seen Aguero well over the 30 league goals mark and City would have won everything.

We are blessed having these 3 players at the club. Even on one foot Silva has created 11 assists. There are a handful of players with a better record, and despite missing a 1/3rd of the season De Bruyne is only just behind Silva in the creativity stakes.

Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero are 3 of the most productive players in terms of assists and goals. And then on top of that we lose the best defender in the Premiership for 2/3rds of the season. I started out wanting to praise Aguero for his goals, and ended up thinking what if our players had stayed fit as Leicester's have done. We'd have won everything. At least it bodes well for the future. All we need is to replace Yaya and have a decent run of luck with injuries and we have the best team in the Premiership - by miles. Hart, Kompany, Fernando, Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.