Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with selective quoting? Everything....
From the same article.
"The Champions League is our unfinished business,” insisted Aguero.

“We all want to win it. In the past we didn’t do well but last year was different and we must raise our game and give everything for our fans this year. We’ve made a good start, we want to continue.”

He said: “We just want to concentrate on ourselves in this competition. It’s normal that Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern are the favourites to reach the final but there’s no reason why City cannot be there.

“Winning the Champions League would mean everything to us. It would be a dream come true and total madness for everyone if we did it.

There are some sad fuckers on here who seem to want to slag our players off at every opportunity.

Aguero has been fantastic all season and could walk into any team in the world.

Just think we need two world class strikers and one potential world class in the squad to win the Champions league, otherwise we rely on no injuries, you also need some shock and awe,of the bench to swing the game your way at times.

Just think we need two world class strikers and one potential world class in the squad to win the Champions league, otherwise we rely on no injuries, you also need some shock and awe,of the bench to swing the game your way at times.

My position on that is that one of them world class strikers would need to have the versatility to play elsewhere to maintain the harmony.

There are some sad fuckers on here who seem to want to slag our players off at every opportunity.

Aguero has been fantastic all season and could walk into any team in the world.
I know. I think some of them have a bad weekend when we win and a really bad weekend when we win well.
Another one said he should be left out. 186 appearances for City, 147 goals and left out......

Aguero relies on service from our playmaker...
And therein lies the problem. We play as an 11-man team these days, not 10 men servicing a striker who does fuck all else. Nolito & De Bruyne (and Sterling to a lesser extent) can both create and score.

And even when he does get service, like when a ball flashes across the goal mouth, he's outside the box waiting for a cut back.

And therein lies the problem. We play as an 11-man team these days, not 10 men servicing a striker who does fuck all else. Nolito & De Bruyne (and Sterling to a lesser extent) can both create and score.

And even when he does get service, like when a ball flashes across the goal mouth, he's outside the box waiting for a cut back.
I suppose where we disagree here as I think he can offer a lot more outside the 18 yard box than you do. Certainly more than Kelechi (and that isn't a slight on the lad as he's learning his trade) and certainly more than "fuck all else"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.