Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose where we disagree here as I think he can offer a lot more outside the 18 yard box than you do. Certainly more than Kelechi (and that isn't a slight on the lad as he's learning his trade) and certainly more than "fuck all else"

But Pep doesn't want him outside the 18 yard box, that's the problem at the moment... One he'll fix though, I'm sure of it!!!

But Pep doesn't want him outside the 18 yard box, that's the problem at the moment... One he'll fix though, I'm sure of it!!!

Pep doesn't want him outside the box?

His comments a few weeks ago about how much more Aguero has to do in the teams build up suggests otherwise.

Pep doesn't want him outside the box?

His comments a few weeks ago about how much more Aguero has to do in the teams build up suggests otherwise.

When in attack he doesn't want Aguero dropping deep to collect the ball... You struggle with my posts, don't you Dom? In terms of off the ball, which is what Pep was alluding to, Aguero has to be closing down a hell of a lot more. You know turnover of the ball is essential to his system(s)...... He stated after Stoke that kun still goes missing when we are out of possession, offensively not doing enough, that doesn't mean he wants him dropping deep in our attacks....

When in attack he doesn't want Aguero dropping deep to collect the ball... You struggle with my posts, don't you Dom? In terms of off the ball, which is what Pep was alluding to, Aguero has to be closing down a hell of a lot more. You know turnover of the ball is essential to his system(s)...... He stated after Stoke that kun still goes missing when we are out of possession, offensively not doing enough, that doesn't mean he wants him dropping deep in our attacks....
Correct, and if he doesn't "do enough" off the ball, Pep will find someone who will, in fact its possible he already has in Gabriel Jesus.

Correct, and if he doesn't "do enough" off the ball, Pep will find someone who will, in fact its possible he already has in Gabriel Jesus.

I think it's clear as day that Pep is telling kun to fix this before I have to.... It's the same argument as Hart, more clean sheets than any keeper in the last five years yet is playing in Italy this year.... His history tells us he is prepared to cut his losses when he feel it necessary, however, so the foamerz don't start frothing again, this means kun has been given the opportunity to adapt, which I feel he is more than capable of doing!!!

I think it's clear as day that Pep is telling kun to fix this before I have to.... It's the same argument as Hart, more clean sheets than any keeper in the last five years yet is playing in Italy this year.... His history tells us he is prepared to cut his losses when he feel it necessary, however, so the foamerz don't start frothing again, this means kun has been given the opportunity to adapt, which I feel he is more than capable of doing!!!
He's certainly been dropping hints already.

Obviously I'm biased but I feel we've got a good chance. We've got a manager who lives for these games and players of devastating pace who can hurt Barcelona on the break, something we've never had before.
+1

We now have the world's best manager/tactician in charge of our side. Pep and his management team will have reviewed videos of the past 3 or 4 Barca matches in exhaustive detail to pinpoint their weaknesses. Our formation and game plan will be tailor made to fully exploit these weak points.

Even though Aguero is still scoring alot of goals, i think he unecessarily changed him game, right now, he is playing as a poacher, when he should be playing like he used to, taking people on and creating his own opportunities, for some reason, he just isnt taking anyone on, and he is actually the best dribbler on your team, which has actually been bothering me, because i used to watch you guys play just to see him play

Even though Aguero is still scoring alot of goals, i think he unecessarily changed him game, right now, he is playing as a poacher, when he should be playing like he used to, taking people on and creating his own opportunities, for some reason, he just isnt taking anyone on, and he is actually the best dribbler on your team, which has actually been bothering me, because i used to watch you guys play just to see him play

It's the complete reverse of this.... We want him in the 6 yard box but he's constantly dropping deep. He also holds on to the ball far too long, which breaks down play more often than not... Personally I think his timing is just off at present and he'll rediscover it, which is ludicrous due to the amount of goals he's scored!

Whats certain is that he will be getting coached in a way that is pretty alien to him this season. I wonder if that has taken the edge off his confidence a little in so much as he is worried he won't be able to comply with what pep wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.