Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won the pen, did he do anything else? Not himself lately.
Well he did actually he also had an excellent shot very well saved going to the top corner, pretty sure he was also on hand when Nolito scored helping put pressure on the defense who were watching him allowing Nolito to get in.

I get the point but it's a bit defeatist all the same. Using the words all we can hope seems like he doesn't have that much confidence in his teammates.

Take your point but he's merely complimenting his best mate and besides if he'd said we're going to stop him then I'm sure people would be moaning about him giving Messi even more incentive to perform.

I get the point but it's a bit defeatist all the same. Using the words all we can hope seems like he doesn't have that much confidence in his teammates.
I'd rather he concentrate on the positives from our side, sure. I've not seen the interview or context he said what he said but on the face of it I'm not too concerned.
I think we have as good a chance as any other over the last three years to get something over there but to do so every single player from keeper to Sergio has to be on their game.

I'd rather he concentrate on the positives from our side, sure. I've not seen the interview or context he said what he said but on the face of it I'm not too concerned.
I think we have as good a chance as any other over the last three years to get something over there but to do so every single player from keeper to Sergio has to be on their game.

Obviously I'm biased but I feel we've got a good chance. We've got a manager who lives for these games and players of devastating pace who can hurt Barcelona on the break, something we've never had before.

I'd sit him out just for saying weak shit like that. Sergio needs to get his mentality right, because he's better than that.

Sergio Aguero on facing Lionel Messi: "All we can hope is that he has a bad day and our defence plays the game of its life."

What's wrong with that mentality? Everything...
What's wrong with selective quoting? Everything....
From the same article.
"The Champions League is our unfinished business,” insisted Aguero.

“We all want to win it. In the past we didn’t do well but last year was different and we must raise our game and give everything for our fans this year. We’ve made a good start, we want to continue.”

He said: “We just want to concentrate on ourselves in this competition. It’s normal that Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern are the favourites to reach the final but there’s no reason why City cannot be there.

“Winning the Champions League would mean everything to us. It would be a dream come true and total madness for everyone if we did it.

We need proper competition for his place. We all perform better if a viable replacement is waiting in the wings.

We need proper competition for his place. We all perform better if a viable replacement is waiting in the wings.

Easier said though mate, if we had another backup of equal ability then Kelechi would hardly get a look in which in turn would hinder his development.

Easier said though mate, if we had another backup of equal ability then Kelechi would hardly get a look in which in turn would hinder his development.

I think we would have enough games to play all three, and keep them sharp and fresh. In any case its normal for City Strikers to get injuries, as they get no protection from the refs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.