Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero isnt a pep type of player , he doesnt close down and is selfish and his insistence on taking penalties when he misses most of them is not contributing to the team ethic , a briiliant penalty box striker but he doesnt work hard enough outside the box for a Pep team , if Aguero doesnt toe the line and starts working for the team he will be gone , Pep is not interested in prima donnas or superstars with egos as he has already proved , its up to Aguero to play and work for the team or he can go and decide to play for someone else where he can be the main man. Hopefully Pep putting him on the bench will make him realise he has got to put the miles in , on the pitch to help his teamates

This is exactly what Graham Hunter said at 57 minutes 50 seconds in the latest Citywatch podcast.

Basically Pep will give Kun time to adjust.

But once Pep decides Kun isn't doing what he's being instructed to do he'll be gone and there will be no going back.

He states Peps not at that stage yet. But...........!!

In my opinion there can only be one "Cock in the playground" and it's Pep.

Again in my opinion the best thing Kun can do is knuckle down and when Pep says "jump" Kun replies "how high boss".

I'm very nervous about this I must admit.

Last edited:
He couldn't just be injured could he? That would be too simple, but entirely predictable.

I don't recognise the Aguero some people aretalking about. he's very very far from the penalty box striker described. Loves to come deep and go wide. What we need though is a central striker. Have enough width and creativity. It's a clever striker attacking right areas at the right time that we need

While i agree with and can completely see and understand what and why Pep did what he did in putting Kun not he bench the fact is that it did also have a negative effect of leaving us completely toothless....KDB was awful and sterling and nolito offered no goal threat though both played very well in all other aspects.

It is only against barca that we will ever have to play this way. I don't think playing anyone in the prem or even against the likes of real madrid or bayern do we need to play like that.

Im not sure why people are trying to suggest we need to replace Kun...we won't get anyone as good on while i really rate kelechi he is so far off being at Kuns level (in all aspects of the game) that it doesn't even warrant thinking about it....I also really love the look of Gabriel Jesus as well and cant wait to see him but id see him more as a threat to the other forward players (Sane, Nolito, Navas and sterling) than a direct replacement for Kun
KDB was not awful.

This is all about him playing for his country after picking up a slight injury in his previous game.Pep is telling him that club comes first if you have a niggle.

If Sergio had started v Barcelona we absolutely would have scored a goal , the amount of times balls were fired into the box with nobody attacking the near post was alarming-perfect situations for Kun- even on the edge of the box his omission told.

Pep is laying down a marker here nothing more nothing less- a player with Agueros injury problems should be listening to his body more, there was no need to play for his country after picking up a strain.

Well done Pep for rapping his knuckles-no player is bigger than the club.

Still scored twice as many goals as our next 2 highest scorers combined this season. It's beyond ridiculous this is even up for debate. He's the best striker in the league ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.