Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying for a second Aguero should be taken off of penalties, but even if he was who'd be next in line?
Touré, who doesn't look like he'll play much this season.
Then who? Navas, Fernandinho, Iheanacho and Kolarov have all taken recent penalties for us in competitive games.
Are Nolito and De Bruyne any good from the spot?

Aguero is our best option if we want someone who will usually be on the pitch when we win one. After that I'd put Iheanacho, De Bruyne, Touré, Navas, Silva, Fernandinho.

Penalties scored/Penalties taken

Yaya 12/12
De Bruyne 2/2
Gundogan 5/5
Aguero 26/33
Nolito 6/8
Kolarov 3/6
Dinho 11/17
Kelechi 1/1
Nasri 4/5
Bony 13/17
Navas 0/0
Sterling 0/0
Silva 0/1

Penalties scored/Penalties taken

Yaya 12/12
De Bruyne 2/2
Gundogan 5/5
Aguero 26/33
Nolito 6/8
Kolarov 3/6
Dinho 11/17
Kelechi 1/1
Nasri 4/5
Bony 13/17
Navas 0/0
Sterling 0/0
Silva 0/1

Can't verify the rest but if this is across a whole career then Navas has taken and scored at least two, one for Spain and one in CoC final.

He should be in charge for all pks.
Second competitive game after another blow in copa . He needs to get his confidence back and he will as the season progresses .
His first goal placement was just unreal.

Keep him on Penalties. He deserves them and is best suited to take them (if Yaya isn't on the pitch).

Stay fit and can see him scoring 30 + goals ! :)
I'm not being funny, he'll piss 30 goals this year. If he stays fit He'll be scoring between 40/50 goals I reckon. Under Pellegrini we took our foot off the gas after 2/3-0 in games, Guardiola has never done that - hence why we've seen Bayern/Barca win 8/9/10-0 under him.

He's our best striker and has taken some big penalties from the spot and scored. Most strikers do miss them but I'd still have him take them above anyone else. The fact he responded from two misses with three goals from open play shows his character.

For Aguero having a free shot from 12 yards doesnt sit well with him.
His pen to the keepers right is always saveable ,and he only has the low one to the keepers left
They seem to have his number,its time to rotate the penalties

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.