Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat of an exaggeration against a WBA team who were there for the taking. We should really be asking ourselves why the centre-forward could not score against a team who were dead at 2-0.
ARE YOU A PROPER CLOWN.

Did somebody say something naughty to get the other thread pulled whilst I was away? Tut tut.

Love kun, he is a legend and worldclass on his day, but I have been slightly disappointed with his finishing this season. He seems to need 4/5 chances/opportunitys to score where in previous seasons he seems to have been more potent. i would be interested in seeing any stats if anyone had any Shot/goal ratios. If this is the case I'm not sure what is the cause, PEP working him a lot harder so not as composed when gets a chance/slight loss of confidence/pressure with Jesus on his heels?

I could have happily taken KDB, Ya Ya, Kun or Kompers for MotM last night. They were all superb. I went with Vinny though. All season long I've watched 6ft 3' bullies hold our defenders at bay and give their team mates a counterattacking platform, but the return of our leader has changed all that. Rondon spent the entire game on his arse cos of VK, completely cowed.

Before the last World Cup, I thought Vinnie was on his way to being the best centre back in the world and his return has shown why I (and others) thought that. He's been tremendous since his return and Pep was effusive about him last night in his presser.

Love kun, he is a legend and worldclass on his day, but I have been slightly disappointed with his finishing this season. He seems to need 4/5 chances/opportunitys to score where in previous seasons he seems to have been more potent. i would be interested in seeing any stats if anyone had any Shot/goal ratios. If this is the case I'm not sure what is the cause, PEP working him a lot harder so not as composed when gets a chance/slight loss of confidence/pressure with Jesus on his heels?
I use this site. You can select each season for summary stats for each season. I like it. You can use it for every player in the league. https://www.premierleague.com/players/4328/Sergio-Agüero/stats?se=54

I checked the shooting accuracy stat and it's his lowest value since being at City. My impression was that it was his speed, and therefore the number of clear cut chances he gets that had declined. Perhaps that's why is shooting accuracy has dipped....because his opportunities are more difficult?

Hand on heart i had my doubts as to whether he would adapt his game for Pep and the system but by Christ i have been made to look a little foolish in thinking that way.

Slowly but surely he had upped his work rate, added that defensive appetite to his game and begun to play much more for the team and last night he was utterly fantastic for me.

He might not score as many playing this way but the team sure as hell benefits and it makes it possible for us to pay both him and Jesus together which will frighten the life out of any defence.

He played with a huge smile on his face last night and it was so good to see and watch.

Sounds like something I was going to write after the 200 posts I needed to catch up on ... except better worded.

Well put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.