Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use this site. You can select each season for summary stats for each season. I like it. You can use it for every player in the league. https://www.premierleague.com/players/4328/Sergio-Agüero/stats?se=54

I checked the shooting accuracy stat and it's his lowest value since being at City. My impression was that it was his speed, and therefore the number of clear cut chances he gets that had declined. Perhaps that's why is shooting accuracy has dipped....because his opportunities are more difficult?
31 GOALS

No. No. No.

Why are some people incapable of being objective. Is it really so hard to see the argument here?

It's quite simple: Sergio is a great goalscorer and a wonderful footballer in his own right. Not a question of doubt there. However be is a tad selfish, he's a very individual player.

And he can win. He can win by producing performances like the one we witnessed last night.

But isn't every great striker that tad selfish?
isn't that why they have great goalscoring records and pretty rubbish assist records?

If Kun wants to stay and fight then he will stay and fight. IMO Pep just wants him to fight for the ball more than he has in the past when he isn't in possession. If Kun isn't up for this evolution then he will go. Simples.

So, just to be clear. Some people who thought we should move him on because he isn't a team player are still not happy when he's showing clear signs that he can become a team player and are now focusing on his lack of goals? Cool.

It's 18 goals from 30 league appearances. You can't compare goals against teams in the Champions League qualifiers and Cups as that is not a like for like measure. If you look at the raw data you can see a trend although it's not particularly strong. It's also difficult to do a direct comparison as his performance depends on the team to an extent and also whether he shares the team's goal output with a 2nd striker.

You can see that this season is relatively poor by his standards. The question is whether it is significant or not.

2010/11 0.68
2011/12 0.68
2012/13 0.40
2013/14 0.74
2014/15 0.79
2015/16 0.60

It's 18 goals from 30 league appearances. You can't compare goals against teams in the Champions League qualifiers and Cups as that is not a like for like measure. If you look at the raw data you can see a trend although it's not particularly strong. It's also difficult to do a direct comparison as his performance depends on the team to an extent and also whether he shares the team's goal output with a 2nd striker.

You can see that this season is relatively poor by his standards. The question is whether it is significant or not.

2010/11 0.68
2011/12 0.68
2012/13 0.40
2013/14 0.74
2014/15 0.79
2015/16 0.60
Banned for 7 games .

Goals per game discounts the effect of suspensions, different numbers of appearances, injuries etc
"Discounts the effect" !?!?

the fuck are you on ?

I don't care how you tart it up with your pure gobble de gook . He's scored us 31
Goals this term

Anyone who thinks Agureo has not been affective this season is either a rag , wum
Or a demic.

"Discounts the effect" !?!?

the fuck are you on ?

I don't care how you tart it up with your pure gobble de gook . He's scored us 31
Goals this term

Anyone who thinks Agureo has not been affective this season is either a rag , wum
Or a demic.
You said he had been banned for 7 games. That does not effect the goals per game ratio.

I think Aguero has been a great player for us, and still is effective. The question is how effective and is his game beginning to deteriorate. Great players don't always stay at the top of their game throughout their career. I can think of plenty of players whose game has dipped as they grow older, particularly forwards whose game relies so much on creating that bit of space.

I am putting the argument again as you are trying to put words into my mouth which I have not said. I regard Aguero as a top player. But we have a goal scoring problem. Or we had one before Jesus came along. Every single press conference Guardiola has mentioned goal-scoring as a problem. Just take that one stage further and look at the goal-scorers. I don't why you find this to be a taboo-subject.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.