Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergio should get a lot of credit for taking on board exactly what Pep asked for in a striker and upping his work rate as well as maintaining his goal ratio. He also never seems to cause any issues off the pitch. Contrast if you will his application to that of Yaya who has been on his holidays for six months. The training videos show Yaya not really busting a gut during the sessions and he has consequently put on a bit of timber. Sergio has stepped up when needed and is getting the praise his work deserves.The most consistent forward we've ever had.

There's no doubt (not singling anyone out btw) that a bad game or two and some posters feel compelled to come on here and write him off. Like they have a hard-on for detecting the very point of his demise. And then he proves them wrong. Again.

You'd think they'd learn from previous experience and display a little more reticence, but they don't. They don't seem to be able to control this compulsion. I can only assume it's a combination of poor judgement, and an overwhelming urge for vindication, borne out of their own insecurities.

I'm sure if they keep rinsing and repeating they'll get it right eventually, which will doubtless assuage those insecurities and make themselves feel like big men for a couple of hours.

In the meantime I'll keep believing that our greatest ever striker, at 29 years of age, isn't quite finished yet.
I'll hold my hands up as I've been as negative about him as anyone. I thought he'd had his swan-song under Pellegrini and wasn't suitable for Pep's system. Many of his performances, up to and including the Burnley game, have been distinctly underwhelming and there is no denying that, even if he kept scoring goals. But since half-time in the Leicester game he suddenly looks like the old, devastating Aguero we were used to. Those third and fourth goals of his in the Leicester game were goals that he simply hasn't been scoring very often in the last 12 months. He could well even break Tommy Johnson's 38 goals in a single season record, which wil be no mean feat.

So I'm happy to say he clearly isn't finished at this level by any means, as I'd said previously, but let's not pretend that he hasn't given those of us doubting him ammunition for thinking that he might be.

I'll hold my hands up as I've been as negative about him as anyone. I thought he'd had his swan-song under Pellegrini and wasn't suitable for Pep's system. Many of his performances, up to and including the Burnley game, have been distinctly underwhelming and there is no denying that, even if he kept scoring goals. But since half-time in the Leicester game he suddenly looks like the old, devastating Aguero we were used to. Those third and fourth goals of his in the Leicester game were goals that he simply hasn't been scoring very often in the last 12 months. He could well even break Tommy Johnson's 38 goals in a single season record, which wil be no mean feat.

So I'm happy to say he clearly isn't finished at this level by any means, as I'd said previously, but let's not pretend that he hasn't given those of us doubting him ammunition for thinking that he might be.

He is a bit of a unique one is Sergio. I said to my dad during the Leicster game (when he got knocked off the ball in the first half), "he is not the player he used to be Sergio". An hour later and he has scored 4 great goals.

No matter what he does from now I think we can all agree he has been well worth the £34 million we paid for him! For that moment alone he is an utter legend. Lets just all enjoy the season or two he has left with us. I hope he gets another 50 goals for us and that will possibly never be beaten.

He is a bit of a unique one is Sergio. I said to my dad during the Leicster game (when he got knocked off the ball in the first half), "he is not the player he used to be Sergio". An hour later and he has scored 4 great goals.

No matter what he does from now I think we can all agree he has been well worth the £34 million we paid for him! For that moment alone he is an utter legend. Lets just all enjoy the season or two he has left with us. I hope he gets another 50 goals for us and that will possibly never be beaten.

Coming out of the Leicester game at full time, I spoke to quite a few supporters , who like you had made similar comments about Aguero during that first half. I too had said similar things to my son during the half-time break.

And as you rightly say he immediately took all the criticisms away with a standout second half performance. What a fantastic signing he has been for us , and an absolute legend on quite a few levels. Love the guy.

congrats !! a little push and hope he can win the golden boot

This Jose bloke sure gets his news early, its not even up on the Premier League website, just Eddie Howe Manager of the month and Willian, goal of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.