Sergio Aguero - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the modern game Augero obviously and I dont think anyone would argue, but the events on here over these last couple of days have been about the chances he is missing (and not because he is missing them), but the type of chances he has been missing.

Me, I still have a soft spot for Franny and Buzzer (who I used to talk to quite often when I was a whipper snapper back in the day)

See,I knew you were older than me.....just :)

Going back to Aguero,we have nobody better at the club to do what he has done,and even though some want to deny it,they know it's true.

Can you engage in real debate though, your arguments are ad hominem. 'Load of shit', 'how long have you been following City?', etc. If you can contribute anything of substance here, do it. Tell us what is wrong in what I wrote above.

Maybe I'm wrong. Actually, I very much hope I'm wrong. That's what I want. If we are losing in Madrid with Sergio in the starting XI, I won't be thinking that I was right but I will be sad. And if Sergio scores I will be happy. I put City above any individual player, but I would prefer Sergio and Dave and Dinho to finish their City career contributing to the CL trophy, that would be perfect. For the younger players there will be other opportunities.

Alternatively,once he has fired us through to the next round,come back on here and hold your hands up

Alternatively,once he has fired us through to the next round,come back on here and hold your hands up

I could even start a thread that I was a moron to doubt him, no problem for me. And no problem if you start such a thread. I'd be fine with it and I'm perfectly honest.

I could even start a thread that I was a moron to doubt him, no problem for me. And no problem if you start such a thread. I'd be fine with it and I'm perfectly honest.

I wouldn't do that,nor would I expect you to do neither,I held my hand up about Sterling at one stage of this season on his thread,shouldn't have raised it that high though

Play Bernardo as a false 9, his record against top teams away from home is exceptional, much better than Kun's. Kun is our biggest player in terms of his record, not in terms of his current ability. Form wise he is far from being the 1st name on the team sheet, not even close.
His current ability is shit

OFFICIAL: @aguerosergiokun has been named as the @EtihadAirways Player of the Month for January!

5 Appearances

7 Goals

1 Assist

His current ability is shit

OFFICIAL: @aguerosergiokun has been named as the @EtihadAirways Player of the Month for January!

5 Appearances

7 Goals

1 Assist

I didn't say he isn't good though, only that he isn't close to being first name on the team sheet. Which is not highly controversial. If you disagree, no problem. I won't post in this thread more. Hope Sergio plays well against Madrid. If it happens, I shall praise him. If he doesn't play well, I won't come here to write he wasn't good.

I didn't say he isn't good though, only that he isn't close to being first name on the team sheet. Which is not highly controversial. If you disagree, no problem. I won't post in this thread more. Hope Sergio plays well against Madrid. If it happens, I shall praise him. If he doesn't play well, I won't come here to write he wasn't good.
You said his current ability/form isn't good enough to start,it clearly is,you can say you are wrong

You said his current ability/form isn't good enough to start,it clearly is,you can say you are wrong

OK. I was talking only about big games away from home. He is still our best striker in home games and I expect to see him starting every big game at the Etihad.

You are seriously over estimating your intelligence. Can you give just one reason which is based on real facts and not past achievements?

Dave has been wonderful for City, this is not a sufficient reason to start him in the most important games this season though, is it?

Aguero hasn't scored a single goal from 8 starts against the top 6 teams away from home since the start of 17/18 season. Means nothing? Ok, I think it is not a stat that's easy to brush aside, especially combined with his equally unimpressive showings in away CL games, one of them against Spurs last season. In that same period Bernardo has scored 6 goals against top 6 teams at their ground, Dave 2, even Gundy 2. Aguero 0. For years he has been the best striker in home games, not away from home, where he is still quality but not the Aguero we know.

Unimpressive showings in away CL games?

17/18 - he played in 4 and scored in all 4 including the beauty for the record against Napoli
18/19 - he played in 4 and scored in 3 with the exception being against Spurs and the penalty miss

In the league and excluding Anfield and his jink there he has started just 5 away games against big 6

17/18 - Arsenal away in the 3-0 win. No goals but he was brilliant and particularly his involvement in the Sane goal of the season.

18/19 - Arsenal, Spurs and United all 3 wins. Can't remember how good or bad he was against Arsenal and Spurs. Against United he was brilliant - hit the post with great long shot after a sweeping move and also moved all the defenders away for the Sane goal.

19/20 - Spurs.. yep he could/should have scored... yep he should have taken the penalty

Each to their own I suppose. I hope he starts in Madrid because you never know what he can magic up out of nothing. Might need it because they've gone really defensively sound. Just 4 let in from about the last 14 league games. On the other hand if Pep doesn't start him so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.