Sergio Aguero - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What it means is I literally addressed the point you tried to make. He's not scoring in big games he does get picked for, and now more frequently he's getting dropped for them...for a reason.

Goals per minute doesn't mean anything if all you're doing is putting away the bottom 6 sides we're already beating easily. That's not the old Sergio Aguero...he's supposed to be putting away chances vs the top 6, and that's going.

He's coming up 32, has been playing since he was 15. Father time is undefeated etc.
Funnily enough, and obviously not funny at all, but more than ever I’ve noticed how much Sergio has slowed down recently. Completely lost his burst of pace that used to get him away from defenders. Still an awesome player, and finisher, but definitely slowing down with age.

Funnily enough, and obviously not funny at all, but more than ever I’ve noticed how much Sergio has slowed down recently. Completely lost his burst of pace that used to get him away from defenders. Still an awesome player, and finisher, but definitely slowing down with age.

His best mate Leo is also at that stage where his great burst of pace has faded. Only thing is he’s that good he can still adjust and has so much skill he still gets past people.

Aren’t we all?...
Captain Obvious, lol.

You know what I mean though, you never quite know when it’ll happen - look at Merlin, first half of last season when Kev was injured he was imperious, as good as he’d ever played, then boom his legs just went over night and he’s never going to get that back.

I just think it’s now happened to Serg, that’s all.

Captain Obvious, lol.

You know what I mean though, you never quite know when it’ll happen - look at Merlin, first half of last season when Kev was injured he was imperious, as good as he’d ever played, then boom his legs just went over night and he’s never going to get that back.

I just think it’s now happened to Serg, that’s all.
He might be past his peak, but it doesn’t mean he hasn’t still got a big role over the next 15, maybe even 27 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.