Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

No room for sentiment but to see Sergio in full flight today on the pitch and such a decent fella off it seriously brought a tear to my eye. It really will be the end of an era with Vinny, Zabba, Toure and Spanish Dave all gone, not forgetting all the other blues who have played their part. The future though is so bright, it was mentioned constantly how Bacon Face kept rebuilding the rags but I don't hear much about Pep doing the same but to a much higher standard.

Yep, this...he does what no else can do.
He was just interviewed, sounded like he would like to stay??
Was it just me, or was that the first time you have heard Serge give an interview in English? Given that he has been in Manchester for 10 years without doing that before, that means he really does want to stay now.

tears my heart out , cant believe it is ending like this , pushed out , so much for respecting him
As I posted in anther thread:

I think he would have been offered a new 1-year deal if he had been able to stay fit for a large chunk of the season but he hasn't been able to. I don't think he'd like to be a back up player either and I suspect that is what would happen if he stayed.

As much as I love him, the club have probably made the right decision (as long as they are bringing in a top class striker).

What makes it harder to take is that he clearly wants to stay.
the issue is that he clearly wants to play too. Theres little room for sentimentality at the highest level, that line of thinking is why barcelona turned into an european joke, getting pounded by any semi decent team cause they maxed and played most of the old guys til the wheels fell off

As I posted in anther thread:

I think he would have been offered a new 1-year deal if he had been able to stay fit for a large chunk of the season but he hasn't been able to. I don't think he'd like to be a back up player either and I suspect that is what would happen if he stayed.

As much as I love him, the club have probably made the right decision (as long as they are bringing in a top class striker).
I think this hits the nail on the head. Terribly sad and though it sounds a bit cold, this is part of football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.