Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

As well as the sensational 93:20 goal midway through his tenure he also managed to make an incredible debut against Swansea scoring 2 and setting up a third and then capped it all off with yesterdays wonderful display as a parting gift to the fans. He knows how to work a crowd does Sergio.
Midway? Did i miss the first half of his City career? ;)

As a striker he is incomparable in our history, as a person he is humble, quiet, reserved, shy even. He has never been in the headlines for stuff away from the pitch, he has been loyal and loved. He quite rightly deserves his place in the pantheon of PL greats, up there with Henry and Shearer as the great strikers. He has created moments that will live forever in our history and he has been lauded by the great and good in the game from pundit to commentator, players to coaches.

Where though does he stand in my regard, he is not my favourite player, but that place will never be taken, I do not think he has been our most influential player of this era either, that belongs to others. Maybe I underestimate him, but an Aguero in a rubbish team wins you nothing, Aguero in a great team wins you trophies. Maybe because I am older I do not have the childlike reverence I saw in my friends 7 year old sons face when he first saw him, but I was the same when I first saw the King. Sergio was not the reason I spent my money to go to matches, but he often made the money I paid well worth every penny, He was the right lad at the right time for us, in that respect he was lucky, he joined a club that was progressive, full of ambition and he fulfilled that ambition and more. He gave us moments none of us will ever forget, yet he did so in an understated manner.

He leaves at the right time, with his head held high, our love in his heart and our thanks for being simply Sergio, the greatest striker in our history.

He played a faultless 20 minutes, his link up play was exceptional and his finishes out of this world.
What a perfect way to say goodbye to the Etihad.

Joins the elite legend status of The King, David and Vinnie.
We have been privileged to see him live playing for our club.
I would have to place Kun above all others. What he has achieved for us will never be beaten. Never mind a statue, he should have a stand named after him. He is our greatest ever player.

Spending the afternoon drinking fine white wine and watching Sky on demand City stuff. First up, 93:20. I’d forgotten all about Barton and his antics!!

My god, Sergio, I absolutely fucking adore you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.