Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Perfect end to a perfect career as Pep said he cant be replaced , ten years of sunshine, smiles and Sergio , all that follows is icing on a wonderful cake.

I'd guess that, for most of us, Sergio's departure is made all the more poignant by a sense of nostalgia, not just for the greatest goalscorer we have ever seen, but for the personal life-changes that have taken place during the 10 years he has graced us with his presence. After all, he's been a part of our lives for a 7th of our allotted "three score years and ten"

I couldn't book my usual seat in the South Stand so booked one in the family stand close to where I used to sit with my youngest son before we no longer qualified for the family stand. My eldest, had, by that time joined the army and was travelling the world. My youngest now lives on the other side of the world (which, probably says a lot about my parenting) but sitting there brought back so many happy memories.

We were both there for Sergio's debut, certain, as we all were, that we were in the presence of genius but unknowing just what the next ten years would bring. And I was there on my own for the denouement. Two fabulous goals, the end of an era but, inevitably, the beginning of a new one.

Thanks for everything Sergio. Been a pleasure to watch you these last couple of years.

Arguably the greatest player in our history and scorer of the most dramatic/important goal. Not sure where the 10 years went, but you certainly made them memorable.

Never been so excited about a signing, or so immediately sure that he was a great player. Great debut against Swansea, and so many happy memories since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.