Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Gutted. I know the writing was on the wall but I still thought he might just play his way into another deal, albeit a short term one, especially as he’d featured a bit more of late. As with Merlin, it’s going to be a bit of a damp squib him bowing out at a time when fans aren’t allowed in the stadium to wave him off. A testimonial backlog is building up though I guess.

It was bad enough losing Zaba Yaya Kompany, and then losing Silva and not being able to say goodbye to him... but this is Agüero... Sergio Leonel Agüero del Castillo... Our Kun!

I knew this day was coming, and kind of knew it would be this Summer, but this is worse than all of the above put together! I feel like a relationship has just ended, I think I’m going to have to go into a period of mourning or something haha

I think peak Yaya was a better player, just; but overall Kun’s contribution to this club has been the greatest of any player, not just since the takeover, but possibly ever!

Kun, you’ll probably never read this... but thank you, thank you 257 times and so many more times over. All the best, pal! Enjoy whatever you decide to do in life. I absolutely fucking love you man, my favourite ever City player, it was an absolute privilege to watch you play for this club for a decade!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kompany's way was so much less painful. Going to hurt watching Agüero play and knowing it's the last time.

If it was possible to want to win this quadruple even more, I do now.
Vinnie went out on his terms and had his moment, Sergio's is going the way none of us ever hoped. Hopefully he has a magic moment or 2 left for us so we end on a high, but we won't be there to see it.

Just heard about this from a mate. I feel numb! Even though I was prepared for it, I still feel shocked.

We have seen many of our recent legends go in the past couple of years. Each of them has some iconic moments, some match winning performances and our love. But Aguero gave us possibly the greatest of all of those moments.

When we were in despair, he got the goal and took us to heights we never thought we would see.

I hope he can get lots more goals this season and leave on a high. A great opportunity for all to be playing for a send off of epic proportions for him. Let's get him that CL final and let him score the winner!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.