Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Can't say I'm surprised but it doesn't make me any less gutted. Arguably our best ever player - it's either him or Dave IMO and not being able to properly show our appreciation at the Etihad is just terrible. Despite all our recent successes, and how bright the future is, this feels like the end of an era and incredibly sad. A bit like leaving Maine Road for the last time.

Last edited:
you’re right. It’s not felt good watching him recently looking so far off the pace and hardly getting involved when he’s played

it’s always taken Sergio half a dozen games to get back to his best but this time it feels different and I fear he’s only heading one way

it would be even more painful watching him next season playing a bit part and being a shadow of the world class superstar we were privileged to watch for the last decade
Injuries, an op, more injuries and Covid. Once all this is behind him, hopefully with a Ch League winners medal, I'm sure he has a few more years of goals left in him - wherever that may be.

With this being announced today, surely his replacement is already in the bag or as good as. Haaland incoming

This has been coming for quite a while...said a few months ago he was being managed out of the team.

What a player...arguably the best prem striker ever and I dont think he is actually replaceable. It makes me a little sad to think of him not being there while Sterling and Jesus struggle to his a cows arse with a banjo.......

Hopefully the fans will get to be able to say the goodbyes he deserves.

Barca bound probably which will probably mean Messi stays there as well...Barca's way of showing messi that they are still relevant.

I'm sad but also very proud and pleased for him. When he signed for the club he'd have been dreaming of it working out the way it has for him. It's been a Roy of the Rovers tale, or rather a Serg and the City tale!

As each of the legends has retired in recent years it's been great to reflect on what made them special. What I especially love about Sergio is the fear he inspires in opponents.

I'll miss watching him, it's been am absolute privilege.

This makes me sad. In a way I did not feel as much with Silva and Company. Feel hollow in my stomach, almost like losing a loved one.

Strange - the latter (and several other players) seemed more "loveable" to me when they were here.

Whereas Aguero was this almost distant, godlike figure. Who would get linked to Madrid every year by the usual media twats. But would never go, and year after year be quietly fantastic.

You don't know what you've got until it is gone.

End of an era. I always hoped he would come back strong - has he been given the chance too?

In my head I know it the right decision but my heart is screaming no!

Balls

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.