Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Wow. Could have kept it under wraps until the end of the season. He's obviously lost a bit of something to not be starting much or getting game time.
Be piss funny if it breaks Messi has signed a pre contract for us on the same night.
Going to be emotional.
I have been wondering about the timing of all this....
Well, he'd better work his ass off!

After Silva, the best I’ve ever seen play for the club.

Really sad that he’s been making noises about wanting to stay and the club has seemingly decided against it.

Something doesn’t seem right with him and Pep this season. Pep has been banging the “it depends on him” drum about his contract all season.

Sad end to a wonderful career.

Hopefully he'll leave as the first and only 5 time champion. Who knows, maybe more.
Gave me the greatest moment of my City watching career and I was incredibly lucky to actually be there watching that net ripple from the opposite end.
Legend doesn't even begin to cover it

Has there ever been a point in the last 10 years when there have been serious rumours about another club trying to get him? Or any serious rumours that Sergio was thinking of leaving?

I can’t remember any. Absolute loyalty to the club and untransferable

Words can't fully describe the legend that is Sergio and what he's given us, knew it was on the cards for a while today's announcement, but it's still sad non the less.

From his debut against Swansea, until now he's one of the best strikers I've ever seen, and will go down as our greatest striker of all time. A big part of me hopes his record stands the test of time and is never broken, just so he keeps it.

From all the goals, to the other moments and he gave us the greatest goal and memory scored against QPR in 2012, which for me is the greatest moment in any sport I've ever witnessed, he may get replaced on the pitch in the off season, but his connection with us will never be replaced.

Farewell Sergio, hopefully there's another Aguero moment to come before he leaves.

He's unquestionably been a talisman. Could turn up and look a class above everyone. Even when quiet, we all knew he could score out of nothing, and when we're up against it.

Where do we go from there? The only answer that makes any sense to me is that Pep organises things so De Bruyne can take that mantle. Not as a striker, but maybe in a team that can accomodate his weaknesses and off days and leave him more opportunities to win games.

I'll never forget the way Kun turned it up after his run in with Pep. That sustained response - running away with the league, carrying the team many times over - was his greatest achievement IMHO. Personally, I think the way he ran and fought, at that stage in his career, with that physique and injury history, must have taken a lot out of him.

One of the greatest. And he gave it all to us.
'The' greatest.

What can I say that hasn't already been said.
Kun. City. Legend.
Just hope we can give him and Spanish Dave the send-off they deserve once we can do so.
My (now) 17 year old son's favorite player and 93.20 was what fired his passion for City. He's had the shirt every year since. Never seen him happier than when City won and Kun scored.
Remember sending a text to a mate after that debut v Swansea. It read simply "Aguero - wow!!!"
Kun Aguero - the greatest striker I've seen wearing the shirt. All the best, Kun. You will never be forgotten.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.