Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

From the depths of despair to the most euphoric moment I have ever experienced. Wasn’t sat with my Dad that day but walked up to the Leigh arms with my Brother to meet up with him before going in town.

“I fucking told you” he said.

“told me what”

“that city are the best team in the land”

All those years of pain and mediocrity expunged in an instant.

As others have said, feels like something tragic has happened. Can’t explain it.

But thanks Sergio.

It's safe to say we've had the best out of Sergio.

The manager knows his players and I guess he wants what's best for the club and the player. A good run of games to the end of the season, and who knows... Maybe one of the greatest froward players of the Premier league will go out on the ultimate high.

I have had the privilege of seeing most of Sergio's goals both home and away.

Two stand out. One v Liverpool in 2019 in that game we had to win.

The other obviously being the goal v QPR. That stands out not just because it won us the title but when I think back it was also because it gave me the chance to witness something so special with my kids stood next to me.

They were 13 and 11 then. Still talk about it now, a memory that is so fresh. I know other City fans think the same also.

For after the match I had arranged a party at a club in Middleton just in case and hundreds turned up. That was one of, if not the best night I have had as a City fan.

Thank you City and especially Sergio

I saw the first goal, and most of 'em since. He was the player that I prayed for when I was a kid - why can't City have a player like X, or Y. And then Kun comes along. Yaya, Vinnie, David Silva and Sergio have brought untold joy to us, and despair to even more! I hope wherever he goes it brings him all the joy in the world.

Who knew a player leaving a football club could bring on such a range of emotions in grown adults?!
I had some rather fond moments in my life when Kun joined, which spread over the few years following. Him leaving, and therefore the end of that group of players, has made me think about those memories. Sadly, people I enjoyed them with are no longer part of my life. It really does feel like the end of an era. I could happily go back to 2012 and re-live those times, all of them.

The here and now though? Without tempting fate, everything is pointing to the stars lining up to give arguably our most iconic player the ultimate send off. May 2021, Turkey. Aguero comes on and is given the captains arm band. It's 1-1 with ten minutes left. Aguero, your time to shine once more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.