Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Too true KB.
I didn't like the word DEAD hence my edit - Kun will quite likely outlive me (I'm 76) so he will always be alive as far as I am concerned.
PS - our daughter tells us that you no onger need to wear masks around town - you must be very happy.

This is sad, and even more sad if the club had forced aguero to leave by nt giving him contract. He is the best striker in BPL history i hope we win UCL for him this year.

Just woke up, so this is real then and not just something I dreamt. So much still to play for this season with Sergio. Lets win the lot for him and the boys who got us there. Thank you legend

Very sad and very proud. Aguero still has a lot to offer any top club, so we'd damned well better have a top quality replacement lined up. Khaldoon had better have Haaland and/or Mbappe hidden behind a big blue curtain.

Sergio you are a legend, you've made me and many others so happy and achieved what once felt impossible. You're my daughter's favourite player, even if she does call you square-o. I hope this isn't the end of Aguero and city, and I think we all need to see him play in city blue one more time.

How about a proper testimonial for raising donations for a worthy cause, covid treatments in poorer counties maybe? Get Sergio, Vinny, Yaya, Hart, Silva and the gang back for a proper send off. Whilst the club has a job now to make sure their legacy is the start of a culture of success at city (and I'm trying not to be angry at city now and trusting they have a plan), what Sergio and these guys achieved in the past decade is simply astounding. Ignore the oil money jibes, the buying success jealousy.

You still have to do it on the pitch. To do that under different managers, different systems, for a whole decade, winning 5 of 10 of the last premier leagues, ripping up records left right and centre, wanting to stay despite the lack of recognition and offers from elsewhere, speaks of an immense personality and well as an immense player.

The media should be rightly gushing about him if he does leave our shores. I don't think there has ever been a more natural goalscorer, scorer of THE most memorable goal of the premier League era, yet not an ounce of arrogance.

And please, Sergio, not the rags. Barca, Real, Italy, anywhere but them. Thank you, you absolute legend.

Good things always come to an end and that’s where we are at with this news but wow do we have some memories to cherish forever . Thank you Sergio it’s been a an absolute privilege and the 93.20 moment will live with every blue forever. Football clubs move on but we always have the memories, gutted but you will always be a legend. Once again thank you and good luck wherever you go ( except the rags which ain’t gonna happen )

This is going to be a long long day at work. Something doesn t feel right, I m not ready yet. Feels like my wife just left me.

Re. the comparisons with Kompany, Vinnie left to keep a promise to himself and to Anderlecht, Sergio will do the same by joining up with his friend Messi. I'm sure he will play in three finals before he leaves City and score a vital goal in at least one of them. I hope he starts the last league game against Everton and is subbed on 85 minutes to an ovation from everyone on the field and in the stands. Be good if Ms Sian Massey is on the touchline, too.

Just occurred to me, has he made enough appearances this season to qualify for a PL winner's medal?
Re the last line.. think the club get a few extra to decide to dish out how they wish

Superb footballer and a true icon.
Unfortunately it’s a sport where time does for you.
This is the right time as was Silva, Zab, Yaya, Kompany, and soon Fernandinho.
The club lives on as do memories, I will always love both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.