Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Strangely, having slept on this, I'm ok with it, maybe seeing Vinnie and Dave eventually go has made it easier to accept and has eased me into the right frame of mind for that, I don't know, it doesn't bother me where ever he goes after this season either, I'd be happy if he stayed in the Premier league too regardless of who it's for, some players just create so many fantastic and positive memories for you that no matter what they do after, it can never take them away, Sergio for me goes above and beyond that.

Perhaps a fit Aguero has some life left in him but its such an important position I am relieved at the outcome.

Now we need to ensure he has a farewell fit for a legend by making the most of this season

I didn't like the word DEAD hence my edit - Kun will quite likely outlive me (I'm 76) so he will always be alive as far as I am concerned.
PS - our daughter tells us that you no onger need to wear masks around town - you must be very happy.
Cheers for the clarification blue and given your family history I can fully understand your sentiments.

I don't know you well of course outside your posts on this forum but your tragic loss has been a source of inspiration to me having lost one of my own many a year ago.

Its very kind given what you have been through especially if you live in Auckland to even think of anyone in Victoria and I hope your daughter is now confident enough to go about her business mask free.

yes after many back flips from the health authorities especially here in Victoria for the time being we can move about mask free which for me as I suffer from oxygen deficiency and skin rashes is a blessing but many others outside your nation who by and large have done well despite the hard lockdowns are doing it much tougher than us in Victoria.

Despite losing my business due to bureaucratic incompetence I am my loved ones are still here.

I suspect once we get overseas travellers we will go into lockdown for a fourth time but lets hope its short and sharp.

Looks like already Brisbane will be locked down for longer than first indicated ( no surprise due to the fact outside NSW no premier has confidence in their own contact tracing and panics at the first sign of a community case ).

Its still popular for officials in the main to spread fear and no wonder long term occupants of other states including Victoria who can are resettling in NSW.

No coordination between the Federal Government and the States each blaming each other.

the latest cluster in QLD stemmed from a doctor working in a hospital with Covid positive patients who hadn't been vaccinated if you can believe that.

Imagine if countries like the UK had to lock down every time their was a single case in the community with covid.

To date 29k cases in Australia 909 deaths ( would have been less than 100 without the stupidity of the Victorian Government ) over 800 in nursing homes so in real terms a 0.003 death rate to a terrible and yes dangerous disease but given we were locked down for 6 months in Victoria and many more lives many younger lives have been lost due to the response we will look back in the years to come and ask ourselves what were we thinking.

hope you and your family are keeping well blue , lots to look forward to with City with Kun at the helm perhaps in the games to come this season.

Go Crows.

one of if not the best city player and he will be fondly remembered for all time

but as ever with this club

the king is dead, long live the king

the next chapter is about to begin

We are too good to not have a top class fully fit forward, and unfortunately we just can’t place that level of trust in Serg, even though given a run of games chances are he will be lethal once again still.

Knowing we have to buy big to replace him, and this summer is the perfect time, whether it’s Haaland or Kane, then it’s only fair he is let go so as to not feel like he is anyone’s understudy at City, he deserves better than to be a benchwarmer in the twilight of his career.

Just hope we get the chance to give him the send off he warrants, and hopefully have a time when both he and Dave can take the pitch in City shirts once more.

Last edited:
There is no quandary. Zabaleta left City at the right time. Yaya stayed too long.

Match day it's win at all costs therefore we have to move on. If you don't do it at the right time you risk losing games, and I'm not taking that. Nothing would be sadder than staying on a year and City losing games and Aguero, and City fans sad.

Wonder if Phil Jones is going to get a testimonial at the rags? - maybe his team could be the opposition for Kun's?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.