Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thaksinssoldier said:
lets not forget though Aguero 100% spent his Christmas in liverpool with family....dont ask me why.

hmm good shout, unfortunately.
We've got Dzeko, Tevez, Balo. Chelsea have Torres, Anelka, Drogba, United Rooney, Berba, Hernandez. No reason to think Liverpool won't buy another striker.

Andouble said:
hmm good shout, unfortunately.
We've got Dzeko, Tevez, Balo. Chelsea have Torres, Anelka, Drogba, United Rooney, Berba, Hernandez. No reason to think Liverpool won't buy another striker.
I just don't see the attraction Liverpool have. He's leaving his current club to win trophies. Liverpool don't even have European football of any description any more. It wouldn't fit his logic to take a risk with them, like the other well known Athletico striker did.

way back, in 2006:

"If I had to choose a league then it would be the Premier League," Aguero is quoted as saying in the Munich TZ newspaper.

"I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there.

"I watched the Champions League final and celebrated every goal as if it was for Independiente."

never underestimate the power of a player wanting to play for one of his boyhood clubs.

The fact remains that he's leaving his boyhood club for success. Liverpool certainly isn't the safe bet for success, sentiment or otherwise.

Castiel said:
The fact remains that he's leaving his boyhood club for success. Liverpool certainly isn't the safe bet for success, sentiment or otherwise.

though maybe if he is a fan he would enjoy being a part of a team that is gunning to return to glory; nearly the same principle when we were trying to get players to sign up the past few seasons.

If city want aguero then city will get aguero. I hope we do get him, hes quality and still only 22.
I know its hard to believe it but city is a very appealing place for the worlds biggest players now.

the likes of silva and tevez are two of the biggest players in the world and people want to play with players like that. city can offer opportunity to make history. players will not only have the chance to challenge for major honours (GOD that sounds good) but also have the chance to become legends at a club. there would only be a couple of players in the world, mainly catalans at barca including messi who would turn us down, but I think city can go a get any player in the world now. champions league football, great fans, great stadium, can offer good wages, although i hope this wouldn't be the reason why they would come and play for us, they would be playing with some of the best players in england/world

who wouldn't want that??

Blue Haze said:
Can Liverpool even afford his fee + salary?

I'm guessing that since they got Suarez and Carroll, their money will be spent at other positions.

hopefully mate, but their depth at the striker position isn't great, and young in his career Carroll is proving to be a bit of a sick note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.