Sergio Aguero

To be honest I can't see Sergio moving anywhere but if he really wanted to move to Spain I couldn't honestly see him going back to Atletico and not to Real.

Let's face it Aguero has been nothing less than a model pro since he has signed for us and I could not see him using the break up of his marriage as an excuse to sign for Real Madrid. If anything he is more likely to be grateful for us allowing him to go back to Spain that he would make sure we got a good deal in return.

If Aguero was to leave though I could see an Aguero/ Falcao swap deal as it would suit both parties.

city91 said:
To be honest I can't see Sergio moving anywhere but if he really wanted to move to Spain I couldn't honestly see him going back to Atletico and not to Real.

Let's face it Aguero has been nothing less than a model pro since he has signed for us and I could not see him using the break up of his marriage as an excuse to sign for Real Madrid. If anything he is more likely to be grateful for us allowing him to go back to Spain that he would make sure we got a good deal in return.

If Aguero was to leave though I could see an Aguero/ Falcao swap deal as it would suit both parties.
Yea "both parties"....apart from Aguero himself.
Why would he move back to the club he just left - a club he'll likely never accomplish or compete for any of the things a player of his caliber should be? He'll never win the Spanish League there, he'll never win the Champions League there, he'll have a hard time even winning the Copa del Rey with them.
If he goes anywhere, it'll only be up.

MaineRoadM14 said:
city91 said:

Yea "both parties"....apart from Aguero himself.
Why would he move back to the club he just left - a club he'll likely never accomplish or compete for any of the things a player of his caliber should be? He'll never win the Spanish League there, he'll never win the Champions League there, he'll have a hard time even winning the Copa del Rey with them.
If he goes anywhere, it'll only be up.

After playing in the sacred blue shirt there is no up ...only down

Don't necessarily agree with the widely held assumpton that Sergio wants to follow his wife back to Madrid. OK he doesn't want to lose contact with his kid, but that might have happened even if they both lived in Manchester. It all depends on how amicably they move forward from this and what access he gets. Plus the fact there are daily flights to Madrid which isn't exactly the other side of the world, leads me think he will stay at City. Yes it is regrettable for him but the club will support him especially with team mates like Zab & Tevez and by the fans for whom his name is now legendary.

As for the hamstring, absolutely gutted for him as he was getting back into form and looking really sharp. However, as one door closes.....this could be time for either Dzeko or Mario to step up and be counted.

Floptastic7 said:
Any info on his injury? Has he been back training yet? Odds of a game on Sat?

Thanks in advance
No chance of him being fit for Saturday.
Having treatment in Italy.

Lavinda Past said:
WimbledonRd said:
Lavinda Past said:
^^^
This 100%

Horrible idea.
I don't think that Balo is junk, but given his performance this year, the fact that he scored very few goals, the fact that he was sick over the Christmas break and missed 8 days of workouts, the fact that he still has a child-like flaring temper - putting the fate of City in his hands alone is beyond unreasonable.

Its appalling to even suggest that.

If you said Sergio or Dzeko, I would still disagree with that (even though both of them would be better options and better goal-scorers), because City plays best with 2 attackers, not 1.

We've seen that over and over and over again this season.

Sorry mate, can't agree. Edin's game is very limited - He couldn't lead a line if it was a conga. We don't play to his strengths and he's a passenger in most games.

Mario has much more to his game - He was a battering ram in the Euros and could do the same job for us. Give him a few games with Tevez playing just behind in a free role, we'd be unstoppable.

On the subject of Sergio Aguero... Somewhere back in my posts I said that I thought all was not well with Sergio and that I wouldn't be surprised if he moved on in January... Some mocked.

Recent events suggest that I may yet be proved right. I really hope not, but I'm not convinced that Sergio is a happy bunny in England...

So wait Dzeko can't lead a line.. have you seen him play for Wolfsburg? The guy was a king in Germany.

BOSNIANCITY said:
Lavinda Past said:
WimbledonRd said:
Horrible idea.
I don't think that Balo is junk, but given his performance this year, the fact that he scored very few goals, the fact that he was sick over the Christmas break and missed 8 days of workouts, the fact that he still has a child-like flaring temper - putting the fate of City in his hands alone is beyond unreasonable.

Its appalling to even suggest that.

If you said Sergio or Dzeko, I would still disagree with that (even though both of them would be better options and better goal-scorers), because City plays best with 2 attackers, not 1.

We've seen that over and over and over again this season.

Sorry mate, can't agree. Edin's game is very limited - He couldn't lead a line if it was a conga. We don't play to his strengths and he's a passenger in most games.

Mario has much more to his game - He was a battering ram in the Euros and could do the same job for us. Give him a few games with Tevez playing just behind in a free role, we'd be unstoppable.

On the subject of Sergio Aguero... Somewhere back in my posts I said that I thought all was not well with Sergio and that I wouldn't be surprised if he moved on in January... Some mocked.

Recent events suggest that I may yet be proved right. I really hope not, but I'm not convinced that Sergio is a happy bunny in England...

So wait Dzeko can't lead a line.. have you seen him play for Wolfsburg? The guy was a king in Germany.
Yes we all know he was great at Wolfsburg, christ do you lot remind us enough (thats why City bought him) but he has never been as good at City as he was there

Aguero came into my works for food in the Trafford Centre last night, he was with his brother and the Argentinian singer he's been 'linked to' and her daughter. He seemed happy enough. Got to shake his hand an everything. Asked him about his hamstring and he said 'Fulham' meaning he thinks he's ready for this weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.