Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if we’d paid £100m for Walker he‘s proved that would have been worth it, given how consistently good he’s been for us. Just like the scouse twats getting van Dijk who has proved definitely worth the £75m (I wish we’d paid up for him), some players are worth paying what it takes to get them.

Others not so much, £80m for Maguire for example. Hopefully Cucurella proves to be more like Maguire than Walker and he’s shipped off on loan to Villarreal or similar after one season.
Van Dijk will always bug me, as Celtic only wanted £8m plus add-ons for him at the same time we were chasing Mangala!

I kept calling for us to take a chance on VVD & reports suggested we gave him a cursory glance & went balls deep for Eliquim instead. What might have been hey? \0/

Van Dijk will always bug me, as Celtic only wanted £8m plus add-ons for him at the same time we were chasing Mangala!

I kept calling for us to take a chance on VVD & reports suggested we gave him a cursory glance & went balls deep for Eliquim instead. What might have been hey? \0/
I remember thinking we had grabbed a bargain after witnessing one of the most impressive debuts I’d seen.

Is he left footed?

Bit of a strange question to ask about a left back but know he started out as a right midfielder

He was a beast in that first game. It was against Chelsea iirc???

However, sometimes it just doesn't work out & sadly that was the case for Mangala... \0/
The own goal he scored and the red card shattered his confidence. If I remember correctly, this happened in the next game against Hull or was it Wolves?

Why, what’s wrong with Rodri, Phillips, Kev, Foden and Grealish? Only need one or two maybe if Bernie or Gundogan leave next year.
Foden & Grealish play 0-5 games a season as an 8 as it stands, Kev will be 32. Gonna need at least 2-3 of high quality, even if they move foden or grealish back money is going on wingers before left backs.

The own goal he scored and the red card shattered his confidence. If I remember correctly, this happened in the next game against Hull or was it Wolves?
That's where your strength of character & mental fortitude comes into play. It's big boys football & one such setback shouldn't have killed his whole City career imho... \0/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.