Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
In context, we have spent 215m on Jack Grealish, Kalvin Phillips, Erling Haaland, Juliam Alvarez, and Sergio Gomes. Some we pay big for, some we don't, so the point of the days of consistently overpaying being over is still valid.
So your both right then

That's where your strength of character & mental fortitude comes into play. It's big boys football & one such setback shouldn't have killed his whole City career imho... \0/

I honestly think that Eliaquim Mangala was one of the least natural footballers I've ever seen in 60+ years of watching.
His performance against Chelsea/Diego Costa was no better than OK. Costa was absolutely useless that day. I left the ground that day saying that Mangala looked clueless and I never saw him as anything else.
A good lad and a fine athlete, but in completely the wrong sport. Whoever scouted him for City should have been sacked.

Van Dijk will always bug me, as Celtic only wanted £8m plus add-ons for him at the same time we were chasing Mangala!

I kept calling for us to take a chance on VVD & reports suggested we gave him a cursory glance & went balls deep for Eliquim instead. What might have been hey? \0/
If you look at it like that it seems absurd and I also felt we should have taken a chance on VD back then. I suppose if everybody got their transfers right all the time it would be a boring world.

I honestly think that Eliaquim Mangala was one of the least natural footballers I've ever seen in 60+ years of watching.
His performance against Chelsea/Diego Costa was no better than OK. Costa was absolutely useless that day. I left the ground that day saying that Mangala looked clueless and I never saw him as anything else.
A good lad and a fine athlete, but in completely the wrong sport. Whoever scouted him for City should have been sacked.
Fully agree. He reminded me of a kid on roller skates for the first time.

He was a Pellegrini pick apparently... \0/

To be fair there were reports of him being a decent defender in the Portuguese league & many were raving about him being the defensive beast we needed.

He had all the physical tools but seemed too mentally fragile for big time football unfortunately...

If you look at it like that it seems absurd and I also felt we should have taken a chance on VD back then. I suppose if everybody got their transfers right all the time it would be a boring world.
Very true, but surely £8m was a price worth taking a risk with for VVD? It seems that Pellegrini was hell bent on Mangala regardless, & the rest was history. \0/

With the likes of Garcia, Rodwell & Bony being at the club too, it was definitely a curious time in our history considering the transfers of Silva, Yaya & Aguero previously & KDB, Sterling, Gundog & Walker etc coming after.

The period between 2013/14 - 2015/6 is a period in our recent history I'd rather forget with only Fernandinho a standout transfer... :-|

(NB: By all accounts KDB & Sterling were Guardiola requests prior to his arrival)

He was a beast in that game. Probably the best debut any CB has had in the pl. You need to watch the highlights again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.