Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know it’s done anyway and I’m really looking forward to what Gomez can do, especially under the coaching of pep. We have all previously commented on why we don’t take a punt on players like this over the last few years when their price has been like this and then they have a break out season or two and then we move for them when they are priced at £50m plus ala Cucurella? This could be one of them type of deals and could save us a fortune long term if he settles and listens to pep and the coaching team.

Well, I certainly hope that Pep knows what he's doing (in general, there's plenty of evidence over the last fifteen years or so that he does!). I don't frankly know anything about Gomez, but he is young, so that's in his favour. He's played at every youth level for Spain, not that that proves much (Patrick Roberts played at every youth level for England). I see that he's actually shorter by four centimetres than Zin, who's already no giant, so don't rely on him to win those headers against burly bustling centre forwards.
I can sort of understand that Pep and Txiki didn't really want to go and spunk £30 to 35 million on any of the other candidates. The only one he genuinely fancied was Cucurella, and while Cucu is obviously a useful full back, his price was downright ridiculous. And if you're spending £30 million on a player that you don't really want, that looks very expensive too.
We'll see. Hey, perhaps we'll have so much possession that it won't really matter. Cancelo, after all, doesn't really play left back at all. He's got licence to be all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.