Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced the club are planning to buy him to send him to Girona. At all. Let's see us buy him first, alot can change during the obligatory 3 week haggle over €5m.
Happy to do that haggle me clubs will realise we can't just add 10 million on because it's Manchester City. Like bloom will find out when he needs something in the future

We have made 100s of millions in profits on players that have never even set foot in Manchester, that's an incredible business model and without it we would have been destroyed in terms of FFP

We haven't though. Yes we make 100s of millions selling youth and fringe players. They are not the same thing as CFG signings however. The profits we have made on players are predominantly from the academy. And, players bought by City and loaned to other serious clubs outwith the CFG. As many if not more CFG signings have made no profit or losses, than turned a profit. Only a handful have been sold for a significant fee.

Happy to do that haggle me clubs will realise we can't just add 10 million on because it's Manchester City. Like bloom will find out when he needs something in the future

Don't think that is what either Anderlecht or Brighton were/are doing.

We haven't though. Yes we make 100s of millions selling youth and fringe players. They are not the same tbing as CFG signings however. The profits we have made on players are predominantly from the academy. And, players bought by City and loaned to other serious clubs outwith the CFG. As many if not more CFG signings have made no profit or losses, than turned a profit. Only a handful have been sold for a significant fee.
Mooey? remember him 10m signed on a free

I am as gutted/frustrated as anyone about the LB situation but let's not slag off what Txiki has done in raising cash for MCFC, what he has done is incredible and it must always continue.

It's absolutely what Brighton are doing and I'll be very surprised if the story of Chelsea paying 50 million is true

Fair enough. I disagree, but a totally valid take I can see as well. I'd be surprised if Chelsea pay in excess of 50m myself too, but think with a player thrown in both parties will make it appear that way.

Mooey? remember him 10m signed on a free

I am as gutted/frustrated as anyone about the LB situation but let's not slag off what Txiki has done in raising cash for MCFC, what he has done is incredible and it must always continue.

He is one of the handful yes. He also played for City a little bit, and at the very least set foot here, and was loaned to a PL club, not the CFG. Ok, being pedantic, but my overall point still stands. Very few of the profit fringe players are from/via the CFG.

That is in no way taking away anything Txiki has done in raising significant funds, in fact it is more recognition in the fact he has done it outside of an established linked network like the CFG.

We sign Sergio Gomez then offer him to Brighton in part exchange for Cucurella.

Genius.

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.