Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way he is in a Mancini situation where he doesn't decide who he wants. He has 110% say in the players that are signed. You think Txiki would make the call on signing "
No mate, I think Pep will request a player and Txiki and his team will negotiate, if it isn't right for the club then whether Pep wants him or not, it will not happen.
Does Pep want Cucurella, of course he does, for what ever reason it hasn't happened, Pep hasn't made that shout.
It may not even be Txiki who has the final say, I don't know who makes the final decision but it isn't Pep, any move we make for any player has to be right for the club.

No it isn't simple. You don't force players to stay or you end up like the rags with a bloated squad full of players who aren't interested in being there. Everyone keeps saying Zinchenko wanted to stay, he wouldn't have left he did. He turned down several moves in the past to fight for his place, why change his mind now?

I dont believe Txiki was calling round Europe touting him for sale so perhaps Zinchenko had a call with Arteta and thought yeah i fancy it, Arsenal put in the offer and once everyones had a chat the outcome is that its best to move on. As well as earning himself a nice big wage increase.

What relevance are other transfer fees, this idea that there is some set price for X and not Y is odd.

We got Haaland for 51m, can you believe we sold Jesus for a little under that or what about signing Aguero back in 2011 for a couple million more than Andy Carroll. Is that fair?
We have a very thin squad as it is, and one more player isn't exactly going to leave us bloated. I personally believe the board were that arrogant to believe we could go to Brighton, unsettle the player and have Bloom drop his valuation. We never anticipated another club outbidding us. I wouldn't pay the fee Brighton now want, but that's not the point. Why let Zin go before we knew we could bring someone in? Now, we are going to be held to ransom because clubs know we are in the market for a Left Back. I just don't understand it at all. You wouldn't sell your house without having another to move into would you?

You can't honestly be that naive to think we paid just 51m for Haaland. Come on mate, I know we can have a little banter with the Liverpool fans about it but Haaland cost us alot more than 51m.

I'm not having a go, generally we do things absolutely bang on whilst Pep has been in charge, but it's just a very strange strategy. Just my opinion. If we bring a top quality left back in for a great price, then we will all be happy. Guess we will just have to trust the board until the window shuts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.