Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RSC Anderlecht Huisstijl

What can you tell us about this fellow?

Sergio Gomez was one of the best players in Belgium last season. His games before new year were really incredible.

When he came to us, Vinny decided to play him out as a left back. At Huesca and the Spanish national team he mostly played as a midfielder. At first Kompany got lots of criticism (what's new in Belgium) for doing that, because Gomez had some defensive flaws. but in the system of Kompany Gomez got an essential role. Almost every game he had an assist, and his defensive positioning got better. His passing is really great, especially putting the ball in front of the goal.

After new year opponents started to adapt to Gomez. And at the end of the season he struggled with some fitness issues. With at the end some pubalgie troubles.

Sergio Gomez was one of the best players in Belgium last season. His games before new year were really incredible.

When he came to us, Vinny decided to play him out as a left back. At Huesca and the Spanish national team he mostly played as a midfielder. At first Kompany got lots of criticism (what's new in Belgium) for doing that, because Gomez had some defensive flaws. but in the system of Kompany Gomez got an essential role. Almost every game he had an assist, and his defensive positioning got better. His passing is really great, especially putting the ball in front of the goal.

After new year opponents started to adapt to Gomez. And at the end of the season he struggled with some fitness issues. With at the end some pubalgie troubles.
thanks for that info... sounds very interesting type of a player similar to cancello with added bonus of a left foot :-)

We have a very thin squad as it is, and one more player isn't exactly going to leave us bloated. I personally believe the board were that arrogant to believe we could go to Brighton, unsettle the player and have Bloom drop his valuation. We never anticipated another club outbidding us. I wouldn't pay the fee Brighton now want, but that's not the point. Why let Zin go before we knew we could bring someone in? Now, we are going to be held to ransom because clubs know we are in the market for a Left Back. I just don't understand it at all. You wouldn't sell your house without having another to move into would you?

You can't honestly be that naive to think we paid just 51m for Haaland. Come on mate, I know we can have a little banter with the Liverpool fans about it but Haaland cost us alot more than 51m.

I'm not having a go, generally we do things absolutely bang on whilst Pep has been in charge, but it's just a very strange strategy. Just my opinion. If we bring a top quality left back in for a great price, then we will all be happy. Guess we will just have to trust the board until the window shuts.
I think the club were relaxed about letting Zinchenko go, replacement or not. Time will tell if we are wrong on that.

No, we paid £51m. When you buy a house and your mate asks how much, do you give them the cost including council tax, utility bills and what your food shop is for the lifetime of your mortgage deal?
No you don't. Like a normal person you say I paid X. Weird how the Haaland transfer has awoken the calculators across the league.

Unless of course when the scousers sign a player they pay a flat fee and the player has no salary, agents fees, signing on bonus or anything. They just sign up for universal credit after the contract goes in?

The strategy hasn't changed since Txiki, Ferran and then Pep arrived. It's been one of the most successful decades of club football for any team in history but now there is an issue with it?

Not convinced sorry

I think the club were relaxed about letting Zinchenko go, replacement or not. Time will tell if we are wrong on that.

No, we paid £51m. When you buy a house and your mate asks how much, do you give them the cost including council tax, utility bills and what your food shop is for the lifetime of your mortgage deal?
No you don't. Like a normal person you say I paid X. Weird how the Haaland transfer has awoken the calculators across the league.

Unless of course when the scousers sign a player they pay a flat fee and the player has no salary, agents fees, signing on bonus or anything. They just sign up for universal credit after the contract goes in?

The strategy hasn't changed since Txiki, Ferran and then Pep arrived. It's been one of the most successful decades of club football for any team in history but now there is an issue with it?
Fair point. But you wouldn't buy a house without moving into another one would you?

In all honesty the strategy has changed since Pep jumped on board, but that isn't a surprise seeing as he's the best manager about. Before Pep arrived we had our worst points total since we had Mark Hughes as manager, a very ageing squad and we had won 1 game in 12 against the top 7. It took Pep 12 months to get it running how he wanted it.

Guess we can only see how Ferran and Txiki perform once Pep leaves.

As if I needed to hear that from some random on Twitter lol :)
I suppose they are telling it , how it looks just now. I’m not worried , the club will sort the left-back out. We wouldn’t have gone into a window with one and only left back target.

Fair point. But you wouldn't buy a house without moving into another one would you?

In all honesty the strategy has changed since Pep jumped on board, but that isn't a surprise seeing as he's the best manager about. Before Pep arrived we had our worst points total since we had Mark Hughes as manager, a very ageing squad and we had won 1 game in 12 against the top 7. It took Pep 12 months to get it running how he wanted it.

Even though they are the reason Pep's here and the reason he's stayed so long and allowed to be so successful.

But no they don't deserve any credit for the most succesful period of their leadership....

fuck off.

"With at the end some pubalgie troubles." You made me go to Google for that :) We'd call it groin strain I think.

Reactions: TFC

Depends. I might want to go travelling, buy a motor home or rent an airbnb ;) lol

I don't believe Pep and Txiki were naive enough to believe Cucurella was a done deal. The Zinchenko deal was in flight several days before Cucurella news even got mentioned. Which is why I think Pep is ok with what we have. Of course another LB would be ideal and if the rumors are true and we sign Gomez but he goes to Girona then its even more evidence that Pep isn't settling for just any LB, he wants a very specific one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.