Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the club were relaxed about letting Zinchenko go, replacement or not. Time will tell if we are wrong on that.

No, we paid £51m. When you buy a house and your mate asks how much, do you give them the cost including council tax, utility bills and what your food shop is for the lifetime of your mortgage deal?
No you don't. Like a normal person you say I paid X. Weird how the Haaland transfer has awoken the calculators across the league.

Unless of course when the scousers sign a player they pay a flat fee and the player has no salary, agents fees, signing on bonus or anything. They just sign up for universal credit after the contract goes in?

The strategy hasn't changed since Txiki, Ferran and then Pep arrived. It's been one of the most successful decades of club football for any team in history but now there is an issue with it?
If I could double like this, I would.

For all those folk complaining about letting Zinny go before we found a replacement....

City listen to their players, if the player wishes to leave and the fee is close to our valuation, which is ALWAYS a reasonable valuation, then we let them go.

Remember the famous "City becoming a holistic club" speech by Khaldoon? We are trying to do things in a respectful manner and in turn create a harmony in the club that players want to stay and play for or players may want to join.

Zinny has had a terrible year with the war in Ukraine and City graciously respected his wishes and professionally did the right thing,

I would like to think that most of us appreciated City for the way they handled Zinnys transfer to Arsenal.

Thankfully we have a brilliant compassionate Chairman that has compiled a team of great people.

The British press lord it over the "Levy and Bloom" types....FFS!!

Short and a Catalan. Already has some association to City, tenuous, via Kompany. Doesn't have the hair problem. Sounds perfect.

@Petetheblu I agree that most city fans agree that it is nice to treat the players as human beings and be reasonable with their future, however, there is an argument that as a business, the club have a responsibility to their investors (the sheikh has sold down his interest) to act in their best interests... For me, agreeing the transfer of zin to arsenal on the basis that we can replace him would have been very reasonable, as long as the club make best efforts to sign a replacement... If that does not come to fruition, them Zin would be asked to fulfill his contract... And I'm sure he would have happily done it...

Being reasonable and respectful of both parties is needed by both parties.

We are currently in a position where we are short and for a club the size of city, that should never happen - it is mismanagement ... Back to backing transfers is perfectly possible if you don't want to buy before you sell...

For all those folk complaining about letting Zinny go before we found a replacement....

City listen to their players, if the player wishes to leave and the fee is close to our valuation, which is ALWAYS a reasonable valuation, then we let them go.

Remember the famous "City becoming a holistic club" speech by Khaldoon? We are trying to do things in a respectful manner and in turn create a harmony in the club that players want to stay and play for or players may want to join.

Zinny has had a terrible year with the war in Ukraine and City graciously respected his wishes and professionally did the right thing,

I would like to think that most of us appreciated City for the way they handled Zinnys transfer to Arsenal.

Thankfully we have a brilliant compassionate Chairman that has compiled a team of great people.

yep - agree.

and he wasnt quite good enough

City listen to their players, if the player wishes to leave
and the fee is close to our valuation, which is ALWAYS a reasonable valuation, then we let them go.

In the case with Zinchenko, he definitely didn’t want to leave. He’s been pushing for playing time for years and we’ve been close to selling him on numerous occasions. This time it seems Pep and the board made it clear for him that we will bring in a leftback, hence his time on the pitch would become even more limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.