Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously tho, he's a young 'un. Makes mistakes with positioning. Temper your expectations. I also don't know that he'll have that hardcore stamina that we take for granted in top fullbacks.

He'd definitely end up behind Sosa, who is much more experienced, an outright class footballer (although again not much defensively)....but that's IF we decided Sosa was fit enough to buy, and better than any other options.

Could see a quick loan out to Burnley
If it doesn't work out for him yes. But to be honest, what I saw was pretty much what we need right now.

It's a YouTube "best of" highlight reel, so it's difficult to draw proper conclusions. His defending & especially his heading has been called into question, but what I saw is exactly what Pep likes, a defender who stays on his feet & provides an obstacle to either move or get past.

Many of his tackles were literally taking the ball off opponents toes & either making a forward or defensive pass, or making a mazy dribbling run.

Either way, for a young player I'm pretty sure any deficiencies can be ironed out & at €10m, hell yes we should take a chance... )(

With a transfer like this wouldn’t it be ideal to use cfg? As in is we hope you make it here realistically it’ll be a couple of years on loan but stick around till the fucking stupid world cup is over and see what happens.

With a transfer like this wouldn’t it be ideal to use cfg? As in is we hope you make it here realistically it’ll be a couple of years on loan but stick around till the fucking stupid world cup is over and see what happens.
To be honest, from what I saw if he came here he'd be in our top 2 LB's alongside Cancelo.

We all know our fears are if either Cancelo or Walker get injured or suffer burnout. All of a sudden we're talking Stones, Aké & Laporté as full backs which is merely an emergency sticking plaster solution, & shouldn't really be a season long option.

We've got three weeks of this window left & hopefully we'll get at least one of Gomez or Sosa, or preferably both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.