Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure failing to win in 16/17 is a fair cop - that Chelsea side under Conte broke a lot of records (that we'd smash a year later).

They were a great side, no doubt - and I’m not claiming it would have been easy.

But that Spurs side was a great side too.

And Chelsea were beatable - as we demonstrated the very next year, like you say.

It’s not like they were up against the current City side. Or even the current Liverpool.

My point was they won nothing at all - in that context - not even a League Cup.

Wigan have a better trophy haul this century than Spurs.

Belgian source says 13m+2 mil add on +12 percent on resale bid by us was rejected.

Spuds need a manager to buy in to their “project” similar to Pep with us. If that doesn’t happen then the managers will either keep getting sacked or using Spuds as a stepping stone and moving to clubs like PSG. I’m not convinced Conté is a believer but more a stepping stone type manager for them, it doesn’t do his profile any harm and I suspect the first sniff off another job that takes his fancy he’ll be off.
Pep must get offers all the time, but he has a mission, a plan, a vision and buys in to the club philosophy and ethos. That’s very rare and unusual to be honest but we are lucky he does.
I see it differently to be honest. I think Conté is looking for a club which understands & supports him, where he can be happy & create & build a dynasty.

For now it looks like that club will be Spuds. As long as he's getting what he needs & he can see progress, I honestly can't see him leaving for a melting pot like Real or PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.