Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sessegnon will have a breakthrough season this year, wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Qatar.

He's got the talent, just needs a coach to get hold of him and he's perfect for Conte because finding scoring positions in the box was his biggest asset at Fulham and that's what Conte wants from his wing backs.

Crazy to think he was signed in 2019 and he's on his 5th Spurs manager.
He was destined to be the next big thing at Fulham & opted to stay when they were promoted saying his development would be best served there.

His career seemed to have stalled at Spurs, but he started the first game of the season & played a blinder!

With him on one side & Spence on the other & the wiley Conté as manager, Spurs will be a dangerous proposition in the coming seasons.

He was destined to be the next big thing at Fulham & opted to stay when they were promoted saying his development would be best served there.

His career seemed to have stalled at Spurs, but he started the first game of the season & played a blinder!

With him on one side & Spence on the other & the wiley Conté as manager, Spurs will be a dangerous proposition in the coming seasons.
Spuds need a manager to buy in to their “project” similar to Pep with us. If that doesn’t happen then the managers will either keep getting sacked or using Spuds as a stepping stone and moving to clubs like PSG. I’m not convinced Conté is a believer but more a stepping stone type manager for them, it doesn’t do his profile any harm and I suspect the first sniff off another job that takes his fancy he’ll be off.
Pep must get offers all the time, but he has a mission, a plan, a vision and buys in to the club philosophy and ethos. That’s very rare and unusual to be honest but we are lucky he does.

Spuds need a manager to buy in to their “project” similar to Pep with us. If that doesn’t happen then the managers will either keep getting sacked or using Spuds as a stepping stone and moving to clubs like PSG. I’m not convinced Conté is a believer but more a stepping stone type manager for them, it doesn’t do his profile any harm and I suspect the first sniff off another job that takes his fancy he’ll be off.
Pep must get offers all the time, but he has a mission, a plan, a vision and buys in to the club philosophy and ethos. That’s very rare and unusual to be honest but we are lucky he does.

I don't think Conté is buying into the Spurs project, I think he's telling Levy what the project is.

This is the best Spurs squad in my lifetime, and it's the first time in a long, long time I've thought they could win something this year, one of the cups or the Europa (although Im not sure I can see them finishing 3rd in a group unless they're really unlucky).

I'd be very surprised if they didn't finish ahead of Arsenal, Chelsea and United.

Last edited:
I don't think Conté is buying into the Spurs project, I think he's telling Levy what the project is.

This is the best Spurs squad in my lifetime, and it's the first time in a long, long time I've thought they could win something this year, one of the cups or the Europa (although Im not sure I can see them finishing 3rd in a group unless they're really unlucky).

I'd be very surprised if they didn't finish ahead of Arsenal, Chelsea and United.
And possibly win the league if they become more consistent as they've been very clever in their signings. A few more games and then we'll know.

And possibly win the league if they become more consistent as they've been very clever in their signings. A few more games and then we'll know.

To challenge for the league I think he'll have to start getting the best out of some of Spurs failed transfers.

If he can get Ndombele to fulfil his potential and get Bryan Gil and Sessegnon back on track then they're quite a scary prospect.

A really top class CB is the only thing they're missing. Davies-Dier-Romero seems to work pretty well as a unit but they lack individual quality.

Defence is still average and their middle of the park is just full of ball winners rather than anyone who will add goals/assists or control a game vs good teams.

Agree. The players they've bought this summer are for now, not part of a project. I think Conte has told him the project is winning things now or I'm gone.

It makes sense as well, even if there's a longer term plan, as if they could win anything it'll change their dynamic - just look what the FA Cup did for us. The core of their side has won nowt and blown several chances to win stuff. If they can change that mindset, they can be challenging for a number of years to come

Better than that Redknapp squad, 10 years ago? Friedel, Walker, King, Gallas, Rose, Modric, Bale, Van de Vaart, Bentley, Adebayor, Defoe

Manager is much better but squad better im not sure about. Especially midfield and Defence. Better upfront obviously

Can see them winning a cup!!

Better than that Redknapp squad, 10 years ago? Friedel, Walker, King, Gallas, Rose, Modric, Bale, Van de Vaart, Bentley, Adebayor, Defoe

Manager is much better but squad better im not sure about. Especially midfield and Defence. Better upfront obviously

Can see them winning a cup!!
How has the Sergio Gomez thread turned into a Spurs love in??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.