Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than that Redknapp squad, 10 years ago? Friedel, Walker, King, Gallas, Rose, Modric, Bale, Van de Vaart, Bentley, Adebayor, Defoe

Manager is much better but squad better im not sure about. Especially midfield and Defence. Better upfront obviously

Can see them winning a cup!!
I would say their current squad is better.

How many of those players would get in their current line-up? I count three: Walker, Modric and Bale.

I don't think Conté is buying into the Spurs project, I think he's telling Levy what the project is.

This is the best Spurs squad in my lifetime, and it's the first time in a long, long time I've thought they could win something this year, one of the cups or the Europa (although Im not sure I can see them finishing 3rd in a group unless they're really unlucky).

I'd be very surprised if they didn't finish ahead of Arsenal, Chelsea and United.
Not better than poch side few years ago. How the side didn’t win a trophy was criminal and is a major red flag when considering poch for any future job here imo

lloris

walker Alderwield vertonghen rose (rose was fantastic in this period)

dembele (what a player he was) wanyama

dele (he was brilliant under poch) eriksen son

kane

That team was absolutely fucking brilliant but somehow Leicester won the title that year.

Not better than poch side few years ago. How the side didn’t win a trophy was criminal and is a major red flag when considering poch for any future job here imo

lloris

walker Alderwield vertonghen rose

dembele (what a player he was) wanyama

dele (he was brilliant under poch) eriksen son

kane

That team was absolutely fucking brilliant

That was a fantastic side - Pochettino wasted a golden opportunity to finally win something for Spurs back then.

15/16 and 16/17 seasons, that was their team.

We were pretty shite by our current standards - final Pellegrini year/first Pep year we finished 4th and 3rd respectively, behind Spurs both years - and Liverpool were still on their way up and finished 8th and 4th.

Leicester and Chelsea won the League, to put it in perspective.

That was their window of opportunity, with the side you’ve listed - all the luck they needed was with them, and they fucked it.

They couldn’t even win the League cup, never mind the League - which is a horrible record given the resources and the opportunity.

That’s all on Pochettino. He ought to have been sacked there and then!

That was a fantastic side - Pochettino wasted a golden opportunity to finally win something for Spurs back then.

15/16 and 16/17 seasons, that was their team.

We were pretty shite by our current standards - final Pellegrini year/first Pep year we finished 4th and 3rd respectively, behind Spurs both years - and Liverpool were still on their way up and finished 8th and 4th.

Leicester and Chelsea won the League, to put it in perspective.

That was their window of opportunity, with the side you’ve listed - all the luck they needed was with them, and they fucked it.

They couldn’t even win the League cup, never mind the League - which is a horrible record given the resources and the opportunity.

That’s all on Pochettino. He ought to have been sacked there and then!
Not sure failing to win in 16/17 is a fair cop - that Chelsea side under Conte broke a lot of records (that we'd smash a year later).

actual lb? he only played lb for a season. before he was a midfielder/winger
Same as Zinchenko then. He’s a left footed LB and Vinny rates him. If it doesn’t work, it’s low risk. Apparently the club still want another fullback and he’ll be the understudy/loaned to CFG, but he could be good here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.