Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you have to understand and for some reason a lot of City fans don't understand either, is that the academy is just a money making machine and that's it. RARELY a gem like Foden or maybe Palmer will come through and make it. It has already paid for itself and more. Some people just need to get the 'Fergie kids' dream out of there heads and applaud the fantastic business that our club is.
Totally agree

I’m thinking more of the Aaron Mooy, Marlos Moreno, Anthony Caceres, Luke Brattan, Max Diskerud and Jack Harrison type of ‘Manchester City’ player.
Do you think Aaron Mooy was embarrassed being moved from the Australian league to getting a chance to play in the PL? Or Harrison who still is and is being pursued by other PL teams?

We produce some very fine footballers who may never be good enough to play for a team at the top of the PL, but you could say the same for dozens of experienced players already in PL first teams. There will be others we buy in as prospects from around the world and give a chance to in a European league. Some will make it, some won't and very occasionally one will be good enough for our first team, but they're the needle in the haystack.

I saw somewhere that only 1 in 10,000 kids who are ever in an academy become professionals - not PL, just a professional. If that stat is true, it's damning on the academy system as a whole, which hoovers up so many kids at such a young age to discard them later on. Any kid who makes it deserves what they've earned, but of that 1 in 10,000, what would be the ratio for making it to a City or Liverpool or even a rags? 1 in 100,000? 1 in 1,000,000?

I'd love to see 3 or 4 local lads playing in our first team every week,as would every fan of every club, but it's not realistic anymore. We don't have the restrictions on foreign players anymore and I can remember the complaints from rags at the time that Irish shouldn't be considered 'foreign'. Can't recall when that rule went, but just found an article that lists the 13 non-British or Irish players who played in the opening weekend of the PL in 1992. We had one - Vonk.

He really does look impressive there. What’s great is he can clearly play on both sides, and I’d assume he’s fine playing either inverted or out wide, so he’s a no brainer signing. Also, something quite rare… when he’s playing on the right, although he’s left footed, he still goes around the outside and crosses with his right foot plenty. Most will just keep cutting in, but he seems confident enough in his weak foot to use it. Looks to have everything we need for Pep to mould him.
That rocket from about 35 yards out is enough for me...

Madrid X3, Bayern, Chelsea, Madrid.

Last 6 times UCL winners. Probably bagged 25+ trophies and scored over 1K goals in their respective championships. All these teams have unreal academies.

Name more than one academy, homegrown players, that played in the finals and the UCL seasons for them.
Is that rhetorical? If not, Mason Mount and Reece James.

Wasn’t it suggested last night he’s in Manchester to complete today? I’d of thought we’d of seen images of him if true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.