Sergio's Offside, factually definitive or interpretive ?

Was always under the impression that VAR was only used if the referee requested it , there was no doubt in the linesmans , referees , Spurs players , City players or supporters in the stadium that it appeared a legitimate goal , Spurs were jammy we missed a penalty in the 1st leg and they had two VAR decisions their favour , Pochetino believes they deserved to go through , when he knows they rode their luck , as long as this type of delusion remains at Totteringham Hotspur the longer they will flatter to decieve , nice stadium though and quirky beer pumps , should keep their brain dead fans happy for a few more years.

The annoying thing is by the time Kun receives the ball all the defenders are goal side and he hasn't really gained an advantage as he was going the wrong way. He still has to take on and beat the centre half before laying it off to Sterling.
Shame but I was immensely proud to be a Blue on Wednesday. Thought the crowd were magnificent and that was as good can atmosphere where I was in 119 than anything this season, even the Scouse bindippers game and we went for 95 mins.
6 wins from City immortality. Let's fucking do this, I can smell it from this close.

From the laws of the game ...

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

*The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used

or
  • gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
  • rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent
  • been deliberately saved by any opponent
  • A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

So from an attacking point of view it only has to be touched by a team mate - whilst a defender has to deliberately play the ball in order to negate the attacker being in an offside position.

So sadly, Sergio was offside. at least from the one camera angle I've seen.
Unfortunately, you're spot on.

Was always under the impression that VAR was only used if the referee requested it , there was no doubt in the linesmans , referees , Spurs players , City players or supporters in the stadium that it appeared a legitimate goal , Spurs were jammy we missed a penalty in the 1st leg and they had two VAR decisions their favour , Pochetino believes they deserved to go through , when he knows they rode their luck , as long as this type of delusion remains at Totteringham Hotspur the longer they will flatter to decieve , nice stadium though and quirky beer pumps , should keep their brain dead fans happy for a few more years.
So Mr Pochettino thinks they deserved it.... This was no David and Goliath think. Spurs are owned by a guy worth around £7b and now play in a £1b stadium - the best on the planet. So he parks the bus and his team go through. Battering a team out of sight and conceding three isn't deserving of going through ? Nothing in the first game.

If the linesman flagged for a goal and the referee concurred, then why was VAR employed? Who made the call?
To me, even with the VAR image, it was difficult to tell whether or not Sergio was offside, and it most certainly wasn't a clear
and obvious error.
It appears that VAR is likely to cause as much controversy as has always been the case.

Doesn't need to be a clear and obvious error

I wish people knew the regulations before spouting this shite. At least 15 posters now have done this in the thread

Doesn't need to be a clear and obvious error

I wish people knew the regulations before spouting this shite. At least 15 posters now have done this in the thread

I think it comes down to the shit quoted from the commentators.

Offsides they say can only be right or wrong so “ clear & obvious “ are not required.

How about encroachment in the pen area? You can see why people’s piss steams when it always seems to be another angle to do us.

VAR has got to be so much better.It's got to be like they have for the Rugby where the fans can see the incident on a large screen and the tv fans can hear what is been said to the offical also, Every angle should be available to the Ref and if it's unclear his decision should be final. Another problem with VAR: will every incident be looked at, therefore slowing down the game more? On the point of City V Spurs did anyone see a clear image from the 1st leg @ White Hart Lane were SON kept the ball supposedly in play to score the winner? I would like to see VAR on that again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.