Serie A Thread - 2023/24

Troyes were decent last season but really need to get their finger out, and also, what a goal by Fiorentina.
The year before, no? Troyes were woeful last season, hence their relegation, and they’ve shown precious little indication that they’re going to return anytime soon.

Fiorentina have done well in recent seasons. They’ve sold key players at important times, which normally spells disaster, yet little by little they’ve managed to keep the team improving. It’s also helping them that the bigger teams continue to be consistently inconsistent. Anything that keeps the medium and smaller sides competitive is to be welcomed.

Looking at the table, it’s starting to look as if there will be a great big rump in the middle of Serie A and 2-3 sides at the top and bottom, respectively.

The year before, no? Troyes were woeful last season, hence their relegation, and they’ve shown precious little indication that they’re going to return anytime soon.

Fiorentina have done well in recent seasons. They’ve sold key players at important times, which normally spells disaster, yet little by little they’ve managed to keep the team improving. It’s also helping them that the bigger teams continue to be consistently inconsistent. Anything that keeps the medium and smaller sides competitive is to be welcomed.

Looking at the table, it’s starting to look as if there will be a great big rump in the middle of Serie A and 2-3 sides at the top and bottom, respectively.
I stopped watching ligue 1 a season ago. Last time I saw a Troyes match, seemed they were doing well. Why do I feel like they did well at some point? Maybe I’m thinking of another team.

Well, it’s now 1-1. Been a good game. What’s your take on Di Lorenzo? I know he’s 30 but if he was younger, wouldn’t mind him in sky blue. Very tough, good offensively/defensively, and great technically.

I stopped watching ligue 1 a season ago. Last time I saw a Troyes match, seemed they were doing well. Why do I feel like they did well at some point? Maybe I’m thinking of another team.

Well, it’s now 1-1. Been a good game. What’s your take on Di Lorenzo? I know he’s 30 but if he was younger, wouldn’t mind him in sky blue. Very tough, good offensively/defensively, and great technically.
Solid player and club captain but too old for us now, alas. Always found our reluctance to dabble in the Italian transfer market a bit strange, and it’s one of the reasons I’m desperate to see Palermo in the top flight. Think it would be a great place to send players like McAtee and Palmer, those you know are technically good but maybe just in need of a different challenge for a year. Too late now, I appreciate, but might be possible down the line.

Clinical is what they were indeed. Didn’t see them scoring 3 goals. Good game.

Solid player and club captain but too old for us now, alas. Always found our reluctance to dabble in the Italian transfer market a bit strange, and it’s one of the reasons I’m desperate to see Palermo in the top flight. Think it would be a great place to send players like McAtee and Palmer, those you know are technically good but maybe just in need of a different challenge for a year. Too late now, I appreciate, but might be possible down the line.
Maybe a reluctance due to the ‘adaptability issue’? Who knows.

Would be nice to have young blues try their hand in Italy.

Meanwhile, another scandal next to be officially formalized.
After Fagioli (Juventus), Tonali and Zaniolo have already been charged with, not yet formally, of illegal gambling. Quite probably, other excellent names will come to light.

Now, the acts of investigation notified. They officially have the position of "suspects", still not "accused".

last season zaniolo stated in an interview ''book? i dont read any''. keep it like this zaniolo... (reading book is not important; wisdom and intelligence can be earned in different ways. but stating it like that....)

that fucks up gs deal with aston villa (or his future transfer). gala was hoping to get a transfer fee of over eur 30mio from that transfer.
ps: his agent stated that he didnt bet in any game that he played, as far as i ve heard. does it make a difference? dont know

ps: The Turin Prosecutor's Office charges Nicolò Zaniolo with the crime of illegally carrying out gaming or betting activities (art. 4 of law 401 of 1989).

zaniolo and tonali stated that they only played blackjack and poker.

Last edited:
For now, it is not clear if it's only gambling using illegal circuits as it seems, or a match-fixing case, involving clubs (for example, objective responsibility) or, even, italian football federation itself.

The fact is that judicial authorities have been investigating for months, until a "paparazzo" wanted to do a scoop for his personal interests. This italian guy is famous, in Italy, for his life off the grid: he was married with a croatian model, who acted in a famous Ricky Martin musical video when MTV was at his peak.

Now, probably, the evidence-gathering activity has been threatened, and probably less investigations than forecasted will be launched, involving only fews subjects.

However, Zaniolo has never emerged for his perspicacity.

Penally speaking, the third paragraph of the art.4 of that law considers that fact of offence a contravention, punishing the guilty either with arrest (up to 3 months) or a fine. In the italian penal system — we have the civil law system — we distinguish between "multa" and "ammenda" when we speak about principal pecuniary fines, but I wouldn't know how to translate the terms in english.

Always legally speaking, but for what regards their agonistic career, there is the article 24 of our Code of Sports Justice: disqualification for, at least, 3 years. But it's more interesting to read what regulatory framework at international level, UEFA and FIFA, inflicts with its provisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.