Serious question about Mancini - serious answers only please

Pezzer2 said:
If we dont finish in top 4 after a full season with his own additions serious questions need to be asked. That is the bottom line no excuses
If we don't finish top 4 we're fucked, because we need the CL money to come close to meeting the UEFA financial unfair play rule.

Cook and co. will give him until the end of the season unless we're in the bottom half of the table before then.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Despite the fact I (and a lot of other City fans) have no confidence in Mancini, I have said he needs two seasons before we can really be sure he's not the right manager.

We hear the refrain "The team is gelling" from people defending him (and I accept there may be something in that) but if we carry on playing games like todays, when are people going to accept his time is up?

1) Xmas?
2) End of the season?
3) Next Xmas?
4) End of next season?

I want a serious discussion please.

How on earth can we discuss things seriously with you when you say:

a. I have no confidence in the manager

but

b. Lets give him two years

then

c. His time is up

Schizophrenic claptrap.

Being serious, how long can he go on playing like today is not really a very realistic question. It was the worst performance of the seaosn if it is repeated incessantly he won't last long at all.
A more realistic question is how long can he keep on performances like we have had in the season to date as a whole?
Personally I would give him a fair bit more time, it is not just that the manager has not had that long with the players it is also that the players have not had long with each other and many are new to the premier league.
People look at the 'Instant success' that Wenger and Mourinho had but forget that both managers had a cohort of players that had played together for a lot longer than any of ours have. This makes a real difference.
Can we be sure Mancini is the right man? No not yet but we never will get the right man if we are going to chop and change at hte first set back. He has a good pedigree and I would give him at least another year given reasonable results. I think a top four finish is pretty much essential assuming that nothing really untoward happens like there are five teams well clear of the rest with only a few oints seperating them and we are the unlucky ones.

Bluemoon115 said:
BillyShears said:
Serious discussion? Bluemoon? Forget it...

Expect a barrage of "you're sooooooooo predictable" type posts, with maybe a dash of "you're just a rag who likes to see City losing" thrown in for good measure...
Cherry on top being "just because we're not winning every game 6-0".

Stop being silly, silly. Rome wasn't built in a day. The team needs time to gel. Mancini is the best young manager in the world. Do you know he won Serie A three times? Once we've gotten rid of all of the troublemakers in the squad and got proper players with technical ability we'll be fine. Oh, one more thing. Things aren't working because we're missing our attacking full backs. Once they're back we'll see the real Mancini team...

Lets all take our right hand, reach down and to our left, and jerk off the person next to us whilst chanting "praise the lord for Bobby Manc"...

As you might know, I'm a Mancini 'fan', so this might be of interest.

I was there today, and he got it so wrong it was laughable. However, I know you, Billy, Dids Dave and loads others have thought he gets it 'wrong' on a regular basis but I can normally defend him. One example being the Newcastle game, I saw AJ being whipped into a frenzy on the sidelines only to be unleashed to win the game for us. I saw it as perfect management. Others thought AJ should have been on the pitch from the start and we would have won a lot easier. They might have been right but in the end, Mancini's way got us three points.

Today was the first time I didn't know what he was trying to do. I've played football all my life and you are told time and time again that you have to "Win the battles and earn the right to play" and Mancini's always seemed to fit with this philosophy up to today. Today he lost the plot and any more days like that will get me seriously questioning him.

It's my gut feeling he saw today as another Burnley away and the way we started it could have been all over in 15 minutes. Problem was, we didn't score and then we were awful.

He has to have until the end of the season unless the club, or you lot, see Rijkaard as an option.

BillyShears said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Cherry on top being "just because we're not winning every game 6-0".

Stop being silly, silly. Rome wasn't built in a day. The team needs time to gel. Mancini is the best young manager in the world. Do you know he won Serie A three times? Once we've gotten rid of all of the troublemakers in the squad and got proper players with technical ability we'll be fine. Oh, one more thing. Things aren't working because we're missing our attacking full backs. Once they're back we'll see the real Mancini team...

Lets all take our right hand, reach down and to our left, and jerk off the person next to us whilst chanting "praise the lord for Bobby Manc"...

Surely this is what the op meant about serious discussion... lol

Prestwich_Blue said:
Despite the fact I (and a lot of other City fans) have no confidence in Mancini, I have said he needs two seasons before we can really be sure he's not the right manager.

We hear the refrain "The team is gelling" from people defending him (and I accept there may be something in that) but if we carry on playing games like todays, when are people going to accept his time is up?

1) Xmas?
2) End of the season?
3) Next Xmas?
4) End of next season?

I want a serious discussion please.

You want a serious discussion, but don't really offer a serious starting point. I suspect most serious fans will judge him on results rather than your own specific timescales.

It's a shame, you're one of the better, more articulate posters on here but you're in danger of losing your credibility with your overtly anti-Mancini rants.

I wouldn't mind, but when we win it's despite Mancini, and when we lose it's purely his fault.

Personally I'm undecided on the manager, but I'd prefer to see a balanced argument rather than ridiculous hyperbole.

m27 said:
As you might know, I'm a Mancini 'fan', so this might be of interest.

I was there today, and he got it so wrong it was laughable. However, I know you, Billy, Dids Dave and loads others have thought he gets it 'wrong' on a regular basis but I can normally defend him. One example being the Newcastle game, I saw AJ being whipped into a frenzy on the sidelines only to be unleashed to win the game for us. I saw it as perfect management. Others thought AJ should have been on the pitch from the start and we would have won a lot easier. They might have been right but in the end, Mancini's way got us three points.

Today was the first time I didn't know what he was trying to do. I've played football all my life and you are told time and time again that you have to "Win the battles and earn the right to play" and Mancini's always seemed to fit with this philosophy up to today. Today he lost the plot and any more days like that will get me seriously questioning him.

It's my gut feeling he saw today as another Burnley away and the way we started it could have been all over in 15 minutes. Problem was, we didn't score and then we were awful.

He has to have until the end of the season unless the club, or you lot, see Rijkaard as an option.

or woooney joins and saves us all ... lol

End of next season. Mancini needs time to organize the players according to his liking and style of play and for that he will need to get rid of the players that aren't willing to work under him and bring ones in that are , so for that he will need the January transfer window as well as the Summer window.If by the end of next season we arent in the top 3 , only then will i ask serious questions regarding Mancini.

As for today's performance , Mancini has nothing to do with it .The reason we lost was simple , after the first 20 minutes the players stopped playing due to whatever reason.As was said in the post match interview , Mancini doesn't know the reason why the players stopped being arsed after the first 20 minutes and he himself was very dissapointed and shocked about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.