Serious question about Mancini - serious answers only please

80s Shorts said:
fbloke said:
I am confident enough in the man and his methods to say that he will be given two years as a minimum, with one proviso and that that is of European qualification.

I am not talking about CL but this season top 6 is the minimum.

I do expect CL qualification though.

Perhaps many hanker for a change but IMO it wont happen in part because where is the alternative? But also because Mancini has the skills but perhaps he needs to understand/change the mindset at City and in the Prem?

Im sat on the fence re Mancini at the moment but dont you think the owners will see CL qualification as a minimum requirement, what with the higher profile and the FFP rules upon us.

I no longer hear of targets or trajectories and for me that is telling.

The realisation that the squad should get CL is surely balanced with the knowledge that they might fail even if the team does gel quickly.

Next season will certainly be his last IF he fails then, but this year may well prove to be the real first season of development?

Hypothetical question. If Mancini was sacked either Tomorrow or Monday would you except Rijkaard as his replacement?

The derby is a huge game (stating the obvious but let me finish before you jump on with the duhh's) for the simple reason that if Mancini sets his stall out in a similar way to the home derby and away Carling Cup second leg from last season and we lose to the same faults, it does not bode well.

Hughes' problem was that he did not learn from his mistakes. Remember the 2 Fulham home results where we lost leads? Same mistakes led to the same result.

If Mancini does not learn from his mistakes, then i think he will go in the same way to Hughes somewhere down the line.

I'm undecided like Ric, I just want to see Mancini learn and correct faults.

80s Shorts said:
fbloke said:
For the same reason that tabloids sell more copies than broadsheets the threads that get reads and replies are predicated on outlandish and often ill conceived polemics.

I have seen many decent threads stall and then sink because they were non-inflammatory.

(and I blame the mods ;-) )

that Las Vegas bollocks being one of them eh ;-)

The LV thread will be where the real headlines are made if today is the benchmark for on the field ;-)

No confidence in Mancini?

Who the fuck do you want in-charge?

Hughes?

FFS it is IMPOSSIBLE to give a serious answer to such a stupid statement.

fbloke said:
80s Shorts said:
Im sat on the fence re Mancini at the moment but dont you think the owners will see CL qualification as a minimum requirement, what with the higher profile and the FFP rules upon us.

The realisation that the squad should get CL is surely balanced with the knowledge that they might fail even if the team does gel quickly.

Next season will certainly be his last IF he fails then, but this year may well prove to be the real first season of development?

Mancini will be sacked if we don't make the top 4 this season. Without question. I'll give a grand to the charity of your choice if he fails to deliver and keeps his job...

BillyShears said:
fbloke said:

Mancini will be sacked if we don't make the top 4 this season. Without question. I'll give a grand to the charity of your choice if he fails to deliver and keeps his job...

I have a feeling he would walk but not get fired.

mancmackem said:
The derby is a huge game (stating the obvious but let me finish before you jump on with the duhh's) for the simple reason that if Mancini sets his stall out in a similar way to the home derby and away Carling Cup second leg from last season and we lose to the same faults, it does not bode well.

Hughes' problem was that he did not learn from his mistakes. Remember the 2 Fulham home results where we lost leads? Same mistakes led to the same result.

If Mancini does not learn from his mistakes, then i think he will go in the same way to Hughes somewhere down the line.

I'm undecided like Ric, I just want to see Mancini learn and correct faults.

A Chelsea Fan earlier has compared Mancini to Ranieri which is just about right in my opinion.

carlos92 said:
Hypothetical question. If Mancini was sacked either Tomorrow or Monday would you except Rijkaard as his replacement?

why the fuck would we do that fffffffffs

apart from changing managers so often that get no chance to make a positive impact of course.............

great idea

lets carry on fucking ourselves up like we did for so long

theres plenty out there who'd enjoy it ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.