Serious Question (PLEASE)

BoyBlue_1985

Last weekend me and missus were out for a few drinks with mates. Talking to one girl and it pretty much seemed she was in an abusive relationship ( the guy we are also friends with)
She was saying things like "we were arguing and he threw an aftershave bottle at me but it wasn't supposed to hit me"
"he locked me out of the house i had to call round a friends"
"He shouted at me and told me to fuck off because i hadn't painted my nails"

Now seriously lads and ladies i have never come across something like this and i have no idea what to do and neither does the missus
Was it even a cry for help or was she just talking while drunk

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Last weekend me and missus were out for a few drinks with mates. Talking to one girl and it pretty much seemed she was in an abusive relationship ( the guy we are also friends with)
She was saying things like "we were arguing and he threw an aftershave bottle at me but it wasn't supposed to hit me"
"he locked me out of the house i had to call round a friends"
"He shouted at me and told me to fuck off because i hadn't painted my nails"

Now seriously lads and ladies i have never come across something like this and i have no idea what to do and neither does the missus
Was it even a cry for help or was she just talking while drunk

the guy ... are you good mates with him ? is it in his character to do this ?

Seems a bit weird to be honest. Usually people in abusive relationships are much more subtle then that.

Theres not much you can do either way as its down to her to make a choice to leave him. You cant really confront him without any proof and as you say, she may have just been drunk and/or over-exaggerating the situation.

Maybe your missus should go out for a drink with her,and try to see what exactly is going on,and whether or not she wants to end the relationship,or seek help regarding what is,by any yardstick,domestic abuse.
She should let the girl know that she can talk in complete confidence,and that she will support whatever decision her friend makes,regardless of whether she agrees with it or not.
Clearly the girl needs help and someone to talk to,before shit escalates out of control.
The behaviour demonstrated by her boyfriend is classically controlling and intimidating,and needs to be addressed.

mcfcloz said:
Seems a bit weird to be honest. Usually people in abusive relationships are much more subtle then that.

Theres not much you can do either way as its down to her to make a choice to leave him. You cant really confront him without any proof and as you say, she may have just been drunk and/or over-exaggerating the situation.

Her tolerance, acceptance of her situation seems a little strange?

Tread carefully Boyblue because it's a minefield getting involved in someone elses relationship. You'd better furnish us with some more facts about what the 2 people in question are like. In general though, I've found that the kind of bloke that gets aggresive with women is a total shithouse.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Maybe your missus should go out for a drink with her,and try to see what exactly is going on,and whether or not she wants to end the relationship,or seek help regarding what is,by any yardstick,domestic abuse.
She should let the girl know that she can talk in complete confidence,and that she will support whatever decision her friend makes,regardless of whether she agrees with it or not.
Clearly the girl needs help and someone to talk to,before shit escalates out of control.
The behaviour demonstrated by her boyfriend is classically controlling and intimidating,and needs to be addressed.

Spot on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.